How do you know you can bid for an upgrade?

Rainbow lady

Please can someone tell me how you get to bid for an upgrade. We are due to sail in 62 days time. There is still availability for all types of cabins/suites. I paid the final payment a week ago but still haven't heard anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please can someone tell me how you get to bid for an upgrade. We are due to sail in 62 days time. There is still availability for all types of cabins/suites. I paid the final payment a week ago but still haven't heard anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I was told by my P.C.C. that the bidding process is not offered to European guests. If you want to upgrade you will just have to ask for the price to upgrade I,d say.

I was told by my P.C.C. that the bidding process is not offered to European guests. If you want to upgrade you will just have to ask for the price to upgrade I,d say.

I was beginning to wonder if that is the case although it was our P.C.C. In the U.K. who originally told us about it.

I was beginning to wonder if that is the case although it was our P.C.C. In the U.K. who originally told us about it.

You should send them a quick email to confirm. I'm 40 days out and I know I haven't been able to bid unfortunately. I'm in Ireland and my PCC is in Malta. I've been using her since it was a generic .eu booking site for European guests so I find she is usually pretty clued in to

what's going on.

I'm not sure everyone is eligible. There are probably some rules that determines who can bid. On my last 2 cruises, I never got the bidding emails and we're from the US. We also book through a TA so perhaps they got the email and never sent it to us. I did check my ncl account every other day and never saw the opportunity there either.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think it has a lot to do with final payment. I paid for our Bliss cruise using our PCC and when I checked on MyNCL the next day we were allowed to bid, we were still 78 days out. My daughter is on the same cruise in the stateroom opposite ours, she has not made her final payment and cannot bid.

We were allowed to bid on both of our cruises last year, so it's not a European thing.