Cuba Cruise on Veendam

algriff

Just got off the Veendam last week and you DO NOT need a ship's tour. You can easily walk on and off by yourself and it is very easy to do. We did the "Taste of Havana" tour the day we got there and I would not recommend this tour at all. Won't go into the specifics. The next day we just walked off the ship and walked around by ourselves.

The day you arrive the ship even has a special time where if you do it yourself, you can get off. You DO NOT need to do a ship's tour.

Maybe that's how it was at one time but as for now, you do not need a tour.

We are planning on the Culinary Traditions of Cuba HAL tour, is it the same one?

• 3 months later...
We are planning on the Culinary Traditions of Cuba HAL tour, is it the same one?

Please tell us why you do not recommend the tour

I will be solo though friends will be aboard if I book heir cruise for which they invited me.

I am a senior widow and as a woman alone, I am looking for tours I could enjoy yet feel safe doing alone. I have no wish for any ' bus tour rides to see the countryside. I want to see and taste Havana. If I go. I don't care if I don't leave the ship during the evening and don't care about Tropi cana. :)

I really want to see the architecture and do a bit of people to people.

Edited by sail7seas

We are booked on a Cuba cruise on Veendam in April 2018. Has anyone been on this cruise and if so do you have any advice on shore excursions in Havana, can you go on your own or do you have to book a tour ahead of time? Any other insights on this cruise would be appreciated. Thank You

What tour did you end up going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums