Back to back for a UK customer

mondas42

Hi all

Next year my daughter turns 18, wife turns 50 and daughter will be leaving home to go to university so we are planning a BIG holiday to celebrate. We all fancy a Caribbean cruise on one of RCI’s big ships (only ever done Brilliance and Spelndour before so fancying a Oasis class just to see what they are like) but flying all that way for a seven day cruise seems a long way to fly for a short week, so we are fancying a B2B cruise to make a 14 night cruise. I have a couple of question though if you don’t mind. We will have to cruise in July 2019 as DD can’t have time out of her exam year, will this be a issue for cruising the Caribbean with potential adverse weather? Will RCI UK be able to help us book a B2B with regard to flights , transfers and hotels etc as you don’t seem to be able to select a B2B online?

Thanks all

Martin

Shouldn't be an issue with weather. While hurricane season occurs from June until November, there is rarely a storm at that time. Late August or September are more risky. If there is a threat of a hurricane the itinerary will likely be adjusted.

I always contact RCCL directly when booking a B2B as not all cabins show on the US website. That way I can try to book the same cabin for both cruises. I have no knowledge of the UK bookings. I have used RCCL air2sea and have been pleased.

Oasis is a great ship for a B2B.

Good luck.

m

Hi all

Next year my daughter turns 18, wife turns 50 and daughter will be leaving home to go to university so we are planning a BIG holiday to celebrate. We all fancy a Caribbean cruise on one of RCI’s big ships (only ever done Brilliance and Spelndour before so fancying a Oasis class just to see what they are like) but flying all that way for a seven day cruise seems a long way to fly for a short week, so we are fancying a B2B cruise to make a 14 night cruise. I have a couple of question though if you don’t mind. We will have to cruise in July 2019 as DD can’t have time out of her exam year, will this be a issue for cruising the Caribbean with potential adverse weather? Will RCI UK be able to help us book a B2B with regard to flights , transfers and hotels etc as you don’t seem to be able to select a B2B online?

Thanks all

Martin

B2B shouldn't be a problem. In the past I have booked direct with RCL but for our last three cruises and our upcoming B2B( our third) I have used a uk TA, generally got better prices.

I agree with airfare makes an expensive 7 days. Jus,t ensure you have the same cabins for both weeks they are counted as two separate cruises.

cruise dot co dot uk

B2B shouldn't be a problem. In the past I have booked direct with RCL but for our last three cruises and our upcoming B2B( our third) I have used a uk TA, generally got better prices.

I agree with airfare makes an expensive 7 days. Jus,t ensure you have the same cabins for both weeks they are counted as two separate cruises.

cruise dot co dot uk

Thank mate. If we do this we will be booking our own flights instead of using RCI, they seem massively more expensive than booking ourselves. Any issue with this you can see? We would plan to arrive a day before the cruise date just to be safe.

we have only done b2b once. same issue...expensive flight so 1 week not worth it. we figured out cost of hotel rental car etc more than a second cruise. we ended up having a night ashore between 2 different cruise ships. did one of the big ones (Oasis I think) and a newer Princess ship. got a good deal on a hotel in Fort lauderdale and managed to do laundry. bringing this to your attention as it opens up cruise choices.

Shouldn't be an issue with weather. While hurricane season occurs from June until November, there is rarely a storm at that time. Late August or September are more risky. If there is a threat of a hurricane the itinerary will likely be adjusted.

I always contact RCCL directly when booking a B2B as not all cabins show on the US website. That way I can try to book the same cabin for both cruises. I have no knowledge of the UK bookings. I have used RCCL air2sea and have been pleased.

Oasis is a great ship for a B2B.

Good luck.

m

We have done many B2B cruises. I have always booked my own flights. I do compare UK to US prices, I have even booked one leg UK and one US. Fly out a day before (at least) and most flights back to the UK are around teatime.

Please ask if you have any more questions.

Sent from my VFD 700 using Forums mobile app