Guarantee cabin

Jo and Rob

We have a guarantee cabin and have just been upgraded to a balcony on A deck at the aft.

That's the good news. No mention of our dining arrangement which will be allocated once on board. We would ideally like freedom dining. If we are allocated fixed dining how amenable are the staff to us changing? We do like a table for two and can't see that happening on fixed dining.

What are your thoughts?

If you don't like your allocation, you can go along to the Restaurant Manager and ask to change.

How successful your request will be will depend on what is left when the wishes of the Select bookings have been met, so can't really be predicted and then it is said that requests to change are prioritised depending on the type of fare and also when you booked ie early bookers having priority over late bookers.

None of us can be any more specific than that, sorry.

If you don't like your allocation, you can go along to the Restaurant Manager and ask to change.

How successful your request will be will depend on what is left when the wishes of the Select bookings have been met, so can't really be predicted and then it is said that requests to change are prioritised depending on the type of fare and also when you booked ie early bookers having priority over late bookers.

None of us can be any more specific than that, sorry.

It's good to know there is a chance we can change. Hopefully we will get freedom dining and there won't be a problem.

It's good to know there is a chance we can change. Hopefully we will get freedom dining and there won't be a problem.

Your luck depends on the ship and the ratio of Club to Freedom dining rooms.

On the bigger ships with one Club and two Freedom you have a good chance, on the smaller ships with one of each you will have little chance.

Your luck depends on the ship and the ratio of Club to Freedom dining rooms.

On the bigger ships with one Club and two Freedom you have a good chance, on the smaller ships with one of each you will have little chance.

That's a good point. I doubt the ship will be full either which will hopefully go in our favour.

That's a good point. I doubt the ship will be full either which will hopefully go in our favour.
Interesting comment. Why do you "doubt" the ship will be full? It is very rare these days for any cruise liner to sail with less than 90% occupancy, given the use of pricing algorithms to maximise cabin occupancy.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Interesting comment. Why do you "doubt" the ship will be full? It is very rare these days for any cruise liner to sail with less than 90% occupancy, given the use of pricing algorithms to maximise cabin occupancy.

I didn't think that a Transatlantic would be everyone's cup of tea.

Lots of travellers prefer sailing to/from the USA in preference to flying, and repositioning cruises (if you are on one of those) are always very competetively priced. I would think that the cruise would be sold out, but until the actual sailing date it will be difficult to know exactly what the occupancy rate will be.

Rarely a cruise ship sails less than full. Their pricing ensures that they sell all their cabins. Probably worth giving a cabin away and getting some on board revenue rather than leaving a cabin empty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The US lines have more of a problem with repositioning cruises as traditionally they are not popular over there. The two returning transatlantic crossings on Britannia and Azura are generally popular as the pricing is good. A number of people I know would go for the last full Caribbean as well so they only have the one flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are very popular as they get heavily discounted the nearer you get to sailing date. Which ship and date? MD might be able to change your dining allocation.

The US lines have more of a problem with repositioning cruises as traditionally they are not popular over there. The two returning transatlantic crossings on Britannia and Azura are generally popular as the pricing is good. A number of people I know would go for the last full Caribbean as well so they only have the one flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thats what we are doing I hate flying so it means only one flight but we have the previous cruise to visit a lot of islands. The translantic is a LOT cheaper than the 2 week cruises because of fewer islands visited but the price is reflected because of that.When we did similar last year the translantic sector was full and although the hurricanes have put some people off from travelling this year I still think the ship will sail full.

They are very popular as they get heavily discounted the nearer you get to sailing date. Which ship and date? MD might be able to change your dining allocation.

We are sailing on Britannia on 16th March out of Barbados. Five ports in total and the rest sea days. The ship actually sails on 17th but we board on the 16th so we can explore the island before we sail on Saturday morning.

We are sailing on Britannia on 16th March out of Barbados. Five ports in total and the rest sea days. The ship actually sails on 17th but we board on the 16th so we can explore the island before we sail on Saturday morning.

We are on Azura the week before you (9th/10th March). Have done several transatlantic repositioning cruises both ways - love them. Have you got a starboard cabin as apparently that is the side which gets the sun sailing back to Southampton [emoji846]

We are on Azura the week before you (9th/10th March). Have done several transatlantic repositioning cruises both ways - love them. Have you got a starboard cabin as apparently that is the side which gets the sun sailing back to Southampton [emoji846]

No we are on the port side.

If you think about it, on an eastbound crossing of the Atlantic, the starboard side will always be in the sun, clouds allowing. Port side will always be in the shade. Another good reason to always select the cabin you want.

If you think about it, on an eastbound crossing of the Atlantic, the starboard side will always be in the sun, clouds allowing. Port side will always be in the shade. Another good reason to always select the cabin you want.

Thats why I had my fingers crossed after booking a guarantee balcony on Azura next month. We were allocated a starboard balcony cabin. Now we just need good weather for the crossing [emoji3]