Pre-buying alcohol to be delivered to room

southernsands18

On 2/6/2018 at 8:52 PM, southernsands18 said:

Yes, way too expensive!!

Yes it is, but much cheaper than the cheers and buying drinks one by one. You get twice as many drinks or more from the bottle than buying drinks at $8 -$10 per drink.

Quote (Razorback39):

"My gf just bought a pack of 4 large rum runners off amazon for $7. That’s more than enough room for 4 liters of liquor of my choice for the cheap price from home. Slip them in my suitcase and save myself the high drink prices all the way around. Crisis averted. And I have more money for cheap mexican souvenirs!"

Just be sure to follow the directions on their website.  Make sure that you thoroughly squeeze all of the air out.  And, location is critical when packing them.  What gives them away in most cases is the large vacant space in an otherwise cramped piece of luggage.  Since I wear a nice pair of boots for elegant night, each one gets a sock in the toe, a plastic bottle, and then a pair of socks to fill the shaft of the boot.  The boots then are packed in the bottom of a rolling duffel, surrounded by other shoes, which may or may not also have smaller plastic bottles inside.  I plead the 'fifth".

So, if I pre-order a bottle of liquor, they are gonna tack on a 15% deliver fee these days?  And I see where some have mentioned tax too?  The last time I sailed on Carnival (2010) they didn't have those fees, but you didn't get the bottle until the second afternoon when you passed into international waters. 

A 750 ml bottle of fortified wine is starting to sound even more appealing.