Breakfast with signature experienc

moorerf

We are doing the signature experience in Venice the end of April. The HA rep says we are staying at the Hotel Papadopoli Sofitel near the cruise port. There is a buffet breakfast available at the hotel but it is listed as included in some room rates or 30 dollars per person if not included in room rate. My HA rep said breakfast is NOT included. I am curious, do the signature experiences at other hotels in other cities include breakfast or does HA book the cheaper rates with no breakfast. I think considering most hotels in Europe include breakfast, I have booked a suite at considerable cost and HA is making these unique, special experiences that they would include a hotel breakfast!?:(

• 4 weeks later...

$25 or $30 is an absurdly high price for breakfast anywhere in Europe. It would be absurd here in NYC. Leave the hotel and go to a nearby bar (doesn't mean the same thing in Venice as it does in the USA) for a cappuccino and a brioche.

Edited by Langoustine

We are doing the signature experience in Venice the end of April. The HA rep says we are staying at the Hotel Papadopoli Sofitel near the cruise port. There is a buffet breakfast available at the hotel but it is listed as included in some room rates or 30 dollars per person if not included in room rate. My HA rep said breakfast is NOT included. I am curious, do the signature experiences at other hotels in other cities include breakfast or does HA book the cheaper rates with no breakfast. I think considering most hotels in Europe include breakfast, I have booked a suite at considerable cost and HA is making these unique, special experiences that they would include a hotel breakfast!?:(

Many hotels in Europe do not include breakfast in the price. those that do have it in the price ;)

I don't know where the idea that "most" hotels in Europe include breakfast. They don't. Some do but "most" don't.

I have been to Europe quite a few times, enjoyed staying pre and post cruise, land tours, etc and done a lot of researching of hotels. You can select a package with breakfast or, it's a surcharge at many hotels.

I understand your frustration but keep in mind that others book suites and don't get this deal as they get off in the ports rather than on or don't embark from these ports. I kind of suspect it is reflected in the price, but I don't know fur sure ;)

$25 or $30 is an absurdly high price for breakfast anywhere in Europe. It would be absurd here in NYC. Leave the hotel and go to a nearby bar (doesn't mean the same thing in Venice as it does in the USA) for a cappuccino and a brioche.

that's US $ which puts it at around 20 eruos I think? (I'm not good at exchange rates between US and euro - it's much higher for we Canadians ;) )

15 -25 euros is pretty standard in Europe for a breakfast charge.

nothing says you have to eat breakfast in the hotel. There's usually spots around so that if you are happy with a patisserie and a coffee/expresso, etc., it will be cheaper.

Many hotels in Europe do not include breakfast in the price. those that do have it in the price ;)

I don't know where the idea that "most" hotels in Europe include breakfast. They don't. Some do but "most" don't.

I have been to Europe quite a few times, enjoyed staying pre and post cruise, land tours, etc and done a lot of researching of hotels. You can select a package with breakfast or, it's a surcharge at many hotels.

I understand your frustration but keep in mind that others book suites and don't get this deal as they get off in the ports rather than on or don't embark from these ports. I kind of suspect it is reflected in the price, but I don't know fur sure ;)

that's US $ which puts it at around 20 eruos I think? (I'm not good at exchange rates between US and euro - it's much higher for we Canadians ;) )

15 -25 euros is pretty standard in Europe for a breakfast charge.

nothing says you have to eat breakfast in the hotel. There's usually spots around so that if you are happy with a patisserie and a coffee/expresso, etc., it will be cheaper.

Just a note, I lived in Europe three different places, three different times and did a lot of traveling. Most 3 star hotels which is what we usually booked, bed and breakfasts and similar included breakfast. The 4 and 5 stars usually did not but you could find a rate with breakfast which sometimes was very reasonable...

Just a note, I lived in Europe three different places, three different times and did a lot of traveling. Most 3 star hotels which is what we usually booked, bed and breakfasts and similar included breakfast. The 4 and 5 stars usually did not but you could find a rate with breakfast which sometimes was very reasonable...

No question that a bed and breakfast will include bed and breakfast. ;)

HAL is going to try to book 4* to meet standards expected by it's clientele. And yes, I agree that you can find a rate with breakfast that is reasonable in some hotels, but it doesn't go with the room unless you do the extra.

I often will grab the "deal" in some hotels with breakfast and in others, I don't think it is worth it and won't.

Since our next one is "all inclusive" in Amsterdam (and believe me it's in the price ;) ), it's not a concern this time. Ironically, if we had been boarding there instead of disembarking, we would have been eligible for the Signature experience. So we're paying but will enjoy that fabulous city :)

HAL is booking rooms. So, I wouldn't expect breakfast to be included. I expect they are booking "standard" rooms which means no breakfast inclusion.

Edited by kazu

Sea Girl,

Which hotel did you stay at in Rome in doing HAL Signature Experience?

Thank you in advance.

Breakfast is not free, yes.For what it's worth though(at least at our hotel in Rome anyhow) they had a really good breakfast buffet.