Fort Lauderdale Airport long term parking.

xrayjng

I know most people are flying into Fort Lauderdale so they are not parking cars, but for anyone that has ever flown out of Fort Lauderdale and use the long-term parking how is that situation. We are flying out on a Saturday and want to park long-term but don't wanna show up and not be able to find a spot any helpful information ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which terminal are you flying out of? A couple years ago FLL closed the remote economy lot when they opened up two levels of the Cypress garage (above the car rental center) that had been employee parking to the public. So plenty of spaces now for Terminal 1 passengers, and I haven't seen any "garage full" for the other two garages when picking up people since then.

If flying from Terminal 3 or 4 only the Palm garage is fairly close, and on a busy Saturday if you don't catch someone pulling out as you pull in you may end up on the top level not under cover. So still allow enough time to either circle around or walk from the Hibiscus garage, especially if taking an international flight from T4. But you shouldn't worry about being shut out.

I can assure you that the other 2 garages get full all the time. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find a spot and end up being directed all the way back to Cypress Garage even when I'm leaving out of terminal 3. It's a disaster and there isn't enough parking. They are over expanding FLL so bad without the proper facilities. Just picked up my wife and kids last night and the traffic was horrendous getting through the terminals.

OP, I would look into one of the off-site lots. Just Google FLL parking and there is a few lots with shuttles, you can reserve ahead of time as well.