HAL Night 1 MDR Reservations for Open Seating

TwoGuysPBC

First time on HAL but experienced cruisers. We are on NA in March (Eastern) and have 4 nights in Specialty (PG, Tamarind, Sel De Mer Pop Up, Canaletto) since we are foodies. I am concerned about waiting for table for 2 for night 1 since we chose open seating. Will calling MDR ext, or finding the MDR podium upon embarkation allow us to reserve / request table for 2 ahead of dinner on night 1? Or will we have to wait with everyone at 6:00 and grab that table for the other three nights in MDR? Does having a Signature Suite help with reservations or just the NS?

First time on HAL but experienced cruisers. We are on NA in March (Eastern) and have 4 nights in Specialty (PG, Tamarind, Sel De Mer Pop Up, Canaletto) since we are foodies. I am concerned about waiting for table for 2 for night 1 since we chose open seating. Will calling MDR ext, or finding the MDR podium upon embarkation allow us to reserve / request table for 2 ahead of dinner on night 1? Or will we have to wait with everyone at 6:00 and grab that table for the other three nights in MDR? Does having a Signature Suite help with reservations or just the NS?

Good question! We haven't been aboard HAL in five years, and don't know much about the ins and outs of cruising aboard their fleet anymore. We also are in a Neptune Suite, and would like to get an answer as well.;)

The telephone concierge can help get you reservations -- signature suites.

The concierges in the Neptune Lounge can help you get reservations. We always stay in either the Pinnacle Suite or the Neptune Suite. We learned a long time ago to make our reservations for any specialty restaurant before we leave home. There were a couple of times when all times and dates were completely filled when we got on the ship and the concierges could not do anything for us.

The telephone concierge can help get you reservations -- signature suites.

The concierges in the Neptune Lounge can help you get reservations. We always stay in either the Pinnacle Suite or the Neptune Suite. We learned a long time ago to make our reservations for any specialty restaurant before we leave home. There were a couple of times when all times and dates were completely filled when we got on the ship and the concierges could not do anything for us.

Thanks for the information and such a speedy reply!! I have all of the specialty dining reserved ahead of time. I will search out the MDR Podium and use the "one touch concierge" on the phone in the suite upon embarkation. I have read mixed reviews of the SS Concierge as well as the success of open seating reservations. Looking forward to experiencing HAL for the first time.