Suggestions for Honolulu hotel

tuft

Hi everyone. My husband and I are planning a 4 night stay in Honolulu the end of September prior to our Oct. 1st sailing on the Solstice. We are not familiar with Honolulu so we could use your help in finding the right place to stay. While we don’t necessarily need to be beachfront, we will be relying on public transportation so we would like to be somewhere near the tourist area. Our price point is around $200.00 per night (not including taxes and resort fees). We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and are happily anticipating this adventure. Thanks for any help and suggestions you can offer!!

Peg

Outriggers Hotels, Ohana, Starwood. View each of their websites and do a mock booking We have been to HNL over 26 times and these are my suggestions, in the Waikiki area. I would then use Uber or taxi from the hotel to cruise ship. If you are going a few days early, rent a car for at least day and do a drive around the whole island. Just checked for 9/27/18 arrival with 10/118 departure you can book at the Ohana Outrigger East for as low as $120.00 a night, rates up to $150.00 plus.

One you arrive you will find free books to pick up and you can probably find a coupon for a discount for your taxi/limo service. I would not suggest the bus service with your bags.

Edited by AALCRUISER
Update

We stayed at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort Hotel. Located in Waikiki, this beachfront hotel is in the city centre and within 1 mi (2 km) of U.S. Army Museum of Hawai'i and Honolulu Zoo. Waikiki Aquarium and Ala Moana Center are also within 2 miles (3 km). No complaints whatsoever. There is a stop close to the hotel for the Waikiki Trolley. https://waikikitrolley.com/index.php/waikiki-trolley-map-guide/

If you want to go to Pearl Harbour check out recreation.gov.us. Buy your tickets ahead of time. https://www.recreation.gov/unifSearchResults.do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Outriggers Hotels, Ohana, Starwood. View each of their websites and do a mock booking We have been to HNL over 26 times and these are my suggestions, in the Waikiki area. I would then use Uber or taxi from the hotel to cruise ship. If you are going a few days early, rent a car for at least day and do a drive around the whole island. Just checked for 9/27/18 arrival with 10/118 departure you can book at the Ohana Outrigger East for as low as $120.00 a night, rates up to $150.00 plus.

One you arrive you will find free books to pick up and you can probably find a coupon for a discount for your taxi/limo service. I would not suggest the bus service with your bags.

Thanks for your suggestions. We will certainly check them out!

Peg

We stayed at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort Hotel. Located in Waikiki, this beachfront hotel is in the city centre and within 1 mi (2 km) of U.S. Army Museum of Hawai'i and Honolulu Zoo. Waikiki Aquarium and Ala Moana Center are also within 2 miles (3 km). No complaints whatsoever. There is a stop close to the hotel for the Waikiki Trolley. https://waikikitrolley.com/index.php/waikiki-trolley-map-guide/

If you want to go to Pearl Harbour check out recreation.gov.us. Buy your tickets ahead of time. https://www.recreation.gov/unifSearchResults.do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That s is a good hotel also, down the street from most of the Waikiki area, we have stayed their also.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. It is so helpful to have the advice of those who have been to Honolulu. Thanks to you, I know we will end up in a perfect place for us!!

Simple, but great location and a great price...Park Shore, next door to the zoo. We booked their one bedroomed suite with a sea view and balcony for far less than some of the larger chain hotels. Bus stop just outside, nice restaurant, Lulu’s attached.

Bonus to hear elephants tooting in the morning.

Simple, but great location and a great price...Park Shore, next door to the zoo. We booked their one bedroomed suite with a sea view and balcony for far less than some of the larger chain hotels. Bus stop just outside, nice restaurant, Lulu’s attached.

Bonus to hear elephants tooting in the morning.

Second that great location! We are staying next door on the corner at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. Very affordable too. We are on the same cruise.

We have had good luck with the Embassy Suites Waikiki. It might be a bit over your $200 budget, but comes with the complementary breakfasts and snacks at happy hour. Location is great as it is off the beach and the main streets, but seemingly only a block or 2 from all of the action, including public beach access, a mall and many of the hotel/restaurants you hear about.