Any Success in Moving Reservation to TA after 60 Days

taylortime05

I had an on board booking with no ship or dates that so nearly forgot about. I had to have it switched to me from the agency I stopped using. Then when I booked my cruise I had them move it to my agent. At first they said they couldn’t do it but my agent made it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a newbie cruiser I don't understand the whys and wherefores of transfering to a TA. could someone please explain. Thanks

Potential value added benefits.

You can do an internet search for "cruise agents" and compare what they offer vs. X.

I Am sure some of us will post the pros and cons of both, shortly.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

My TA tells me that as long as final payment has not been paid to the cruise line, it xan be transferred.

That has not been my experience. I've had my Celebrity transfers denied when they were past the 60 day mark. According to policy, you must transfer within 60 days of the reservation AND be outside the final payment period.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/reservation-transfers

For Reservations made with future cruise certificates - the 60 day clock starts when you choose a specific sailing, not when you purchase the certificate.

Mike

We booked a cruise two years in advance while on board Infinity. Our TA was immediately assigned to the booking.

Unfortunately our small travel agency changed ownership and the customer service changed for the worse. I was able to get Celebrity to transfer the booking to a different TA a year after the on board booking was made....