Last Cruise before dry dock?

Jethrotulll

Planning on cruising on Century 4/9/05 West Car, and this will be my very first...ever. Taking along a girlfriend, but I found out that this may be the last one until late May, as Century is to be scheduled for dry-dock. Anyone have concerns or comments good or bad about taking the last cruise for awhile on a ship? Do you think this will influence the crew or accomodations in any way? :confused: Lastly, would appreciate any advice or recommendations that all of you experienced folks have for the must do's/and don't waste your time and money. A bit tired of reading the canned lines for first time cruisers and was hoping to get some real meat and potatoes. Thanks in advance for advice to the rookie...

J-Tull

If you could be more specific about the do's/don'ts in terms of excursions, ports, etc, it might be more helpful for answers. I would HOPE the last cruise wouldn't interfear with the quality of the ship or the staff's attitudes or service.

Jethrotulll,

It really depends on what you and your GF are looking for. There are really no do's and don'ts it really depends on what you guys are into. It's really that simple.

As far as the last cruise before dry-dock, if in fact it IS THE VERY LAST one before the ship hits dry-dock I personally would be a bit concerned. I keep imagining my self in a restaurant having dinner and they want to close for the day so they are busy buzzing around closing stations up. I have no idea how much of that will actually go on (cause I have never sailed right before a dry dock before) but If I could change the sail date I probably would...

I could be wrong That’s really a tough call Jtull

Good luck!

Hi,:) I think you might have your date wrong on the last sailing before

drydock. Her last sailing is the week after this one. She is going

to Europe on April 16th and that one will be the final cruise before

drydock.

I don't think I could ever have a bad cruise on Century. She is

my alltime favorite ship.

I wouldn't take the last cruise before a drydock nor based on my first cruise would I take a cruise the last or even next to last of the season. While the crew was wonderful, you could tell their minds were elsewhere as in their next destination.

We were on the last cruise before drydock for the Zenith a few months ago. The experience was wonderful and you could never tell the difference between this one and our previous cruises on the Horizon.

The ship was spotless, the crew was available, attentive, and professional. Our cabin steward and waitstaff were great from the first day to the last. Even the breakfast service in the dining room on the last morning was top-notch...

BTW, a lot of the crew, were staying on the ship anyway with the waiters serving the officers and performing inventory, and much of the crew working. It seemed the entertainment personnel, shop workers, customer oriented staff etc. were taking a 'break'. IMO, Don't let an upcoming drydock discourage you from cruising.. at least with Celebrity (not sure about other lines)

Have fun .... and although we have loved our cruises with NCL and Carnival, .. Celebrity will definitely spoil you and may even be at the top of our list.

Archived