What's the policy for buying alcohol on and off the ship nowadays?

MisterOJ2

I know some years back, they changed the policy from delivering bottles of alcohol purchased in the ship's shop or on shore to your stateroom on the last night to having to pick it up from a lounge on the morning of debarkation.

I seem to remember reading that Carnival had gone back to the old policy just before my last cruise, but I didn't actually buy any alcohol on that trip, so I didn't have an opportunity to see how they handled it.

What are they doing now? My next cruise is going to Belize and there is a rum that I have only found there that I really want to buy a couple bottles of.

I thought the only thing you could legally sip in Kentucky is bourbon:'). Thanks for the tip I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

Nine months out of the year, bourbon is the only thing I'm sipping, but through the heat of summer, I'll switch to a good rum or, if nothing else is on hand, a bit of Mellow Corn whiskey, which I find more of a summer sipper than straight bourbon.

But yeah, definitely check out the Travellers 5-year if you're ever in Belize. They sell it in a shop right in the port area and will give free samples as well. It's good stuff for sure.