Help with Seaside embarkation..please advise

bostonfred

hi, we have cruised on a half dozen lines, but MSC seems to be different...when we arrive, i assume we check in landslide. It then appears we register a credit card on board. I heard they don’t take pictures upon arrival??...are we supposed to provide a photo?? Can someone clarify this. Also, do shore excursion and drink coupons have to be picked up? Normally, these would be in our cabin....feel like a rookie and would appreciate any help😎😎

The photo will be taken on board if you did not choose the photo option when you did your preboard check in on line. Your credit card can be swiped at one of the on board kiosks at your convenience at anytime during the first two days. If you forget, the billing department will send a reminder note to your cabin. Shore excursion vouchers will be delivered to your cabin the evening before your excursion. Don't know about the vouchers, but I assume they should be in your cabin when you arrive. If not, go to guest services immediately since the lines there are very long most of the time.

SNJ has done a great job explaining. MSc does do things differently, but my experience is that they do a good job with embarkation (at least in Miami). The only significant difference is registering a credit card at a kiosk once onboard. Make sure it does not have foreign transaction fee and wait until the kiosk lines shorten- no need to stand in the really long lines at embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The photo will be taken on board if you did not choose the photo option when you did your preboard check in on line. Your credit card can be swiped at one of the on board kiosks at your convenience at anytime during the first two days. If you forget, the billing department will send a reminder note to your cabin. Shore excursion vouchers will be delivered to your cabin the evening before your excursion. Don't know about the vouchers, but I assume they should be in your cabin when you arrive. If not, go to guest services immediately since the lines there are very long most of the time.

I submitted photos of the both of us on the online check in and the edocs button became available but they still took pictures at the terminal. MSC is just odd on a lot of things.