Cabana at Barefoot or Nellies

rocky55

Hi! I am staying in a GS on Allure this summer. I am interested in renting a cabana. I can rent one now on Nellies Beach. If I want to do Barefoot beach I have to wait till it’s gets closer or once on board. I have never been to Labadee. Are the cabana sat Nellies (over the water) as good (in your opinion) as the ones on Barefoot? Wondering if I should book one for Nellies or just hope I get one on Barefoot or if I don’t just get chairs under trees? Thank you! Also can I please get the email for the concierge?

The cabanas at Nellies and Barefoot are basically the same.

By the way, as a suite guest, you are entitled to use the beach area at Barefoot Beach for free, which has loungers and some shade trees.

The cabanas at Nellies and Barefoot are basically the same.

By the way, as a suite guest, you are entitled to use the beach area at Barefoot Beach for free, which has loungers and some shade trees.

I really appreciate you getting back to me! So helpful! What would you do if you couldn’t get a cabana on barefoot? Would you get one at Nellies or just stay at Barefoot? I am a little on the fence about it. I have never gotten one and always wanted to but it is expensive. I have been to so many islands in my cruises so we will not be doing much else in terms of excursions.

I really appreciate you getting back to me! So helpful! What would you do if you couldn’t get a cabana on barefoot? Would you get one at Nellies or just stay at Barefoot? I am a little on the fence about it. I have never gotten one and always wanted to but it is expensive. I have been to so many islands in my cruises so we will not be doing much else in terms of excursions.

Cabanas are too expensive for me now. I'd be happy to park myself on Barefoot and enjoy the day there.

Hi! I am staying in a GS on Allure this summer. I am interested in renting a cabana. I can rent one now on Nellies Beach. If I want to do Barefoot beach I have to wait till it’s gets closer or once on board. I have never been to Labadee. Are the cabana sat Nellies (over the water) as good (in your opinion) as the ones on Barefoot? Wondering if I should book one for Nellies or just hope I get one on Barefoot or if I don’t just get chairs under trees? Thank you! Also can I please get the email for the concierge?

I recommend over the water, cabana 4 and 5 were the best in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I emailed the concierge about three weeks out...earlier than I was supposed to, but he took care of it. No issues at all. The ones off the water don’t all get sun in the morning.

I emailed the concierge about three weeks out...earlier than I was supposed to, but he took care of it. No issues at all. The ones off the water don’t all get sun in the morning.

Thank you for your help! Would you reserve one at Nellies and wait to see if you get one at Barefoot then cancel the one at Nellies, or would you just wait? The ones you mentioned are they beach ones or OTW?

Yes. The OTW were way better. We initially reserved a standard but there was no sun. Dexter, concierge, came to check on us and realized we wanted sun and moved us to an OTW. Huuuuge difference to me. I will reserve OTW when I go back in Jan on Indy. I have not been to Nellies. If you email ahead of time, you should be fine but if it’s no risk to hedge your bet with Nellies, why not.

I would go to Barefoot and get a lounger under a tree if you don't manage to book a cabana. It is part of the suite privileges, less busy and apparently offers a better buffet. We had a cabana on Barefoot a few years ago. Really enjoyed the experience but only makes sense if you are planning to spend a significant amount of time at the beach.

We had a Cabana at Nellies a few years ago when they were more affordable. LOVED IT! It was OTW and I would only do OTW for the easy access to the water and the greater privacy. We've also done Barefoot Beach a few times and LOVE IT. The lunch is nicer and a lot less crowded. You can easily get a lounge chair in the shade or sun at your choice. They provide towels and floats. It never seems crowded. So for me, I wouldn't spend the money on a Cabana if I had access to Barefoot Beach. In fact at $495 I wouldn't spend the money on a Cabana. On our Freedom cruise 3 weeks ago we got a Columbus Cove Beach Bungalow. It was $200 and very nice! Not anywhere near Barefoot Beach, but Columbus Cove is very nice. Sandy beach, lunch is served nearby, there's a bar nearby, a restroom, and they're very attentive to keeping the "riff-raff" out (you get a private beach area also) and getting drinks. We'll do that again, IF we don't have access to Barefoot Beach. As you can see, I LOVE Barefoot Beach.

If you really want a Cabana, get one at Nellies, then if you can get one at Barefoot, cancel the Nellies. But if you wait, you run a risk of not being able to get one at all. They go pretty fast.

The otw cabanas in barefoot beach are reserved for star class first. If any are available after star class. They goto rest of suite guest on a waiting list.

So if you really want a otw cabana. I would get the one at nellies beach. Which i think is a nicer beach, not as rocky beach.

I’ve stayed in a otw at both beaches. The otw cabanas are all the same.

Plus if you want to eat the better buffet for suite guest. You will be allowed even if you reserve a cabana at nellies beach. Since you are a suite guest.

The otw cabanas in barefoot beach are reserved for star class first. If any are available after star class. They goto rest of suite guest on a waiting list.

So if you really want a otw cabana. I would get the one at nellies beach. Which i think is a nicer beach, not as rocky beach.

I’ve stayed in a otw at both beaches. The otw cabanas are all the same.

Plus if you want to eat the better buffet for suite guest. You will be allowed even if you reserve a cabana at nellies beach. Since you are a suite guest.

I so love Cruise Critic!! Thank you all for your help! I have a few questions for you. How far is the walk from the OTW cabanas at Nellies to the nicer buffet? Is Barefoot beach rocky? Did you like the OTW cabana at Nellies? Like I mentioned in my first post this would be our only big excursion.

We had a Cabana at Nellies a few years ago when they were more affordable. LOVED IT! It was OTW and I would only do OTW for the easy access to the water and the greater privacy. We've also done Barefoot Beach a few times and LOVE IT. The lunch is nicer and a lot less crowded. You can easily get a lounge chair in the shade or sun at your choice. They provide towels and floats. It never seems crowded. So for me, I wouldn't spend the money on a Cabana if I had access to Barefoot Beach. In fact at $495 I wouldn't spend the money on a Cabana. On our Freedom cruise 3 weeks ago we got a Columbus Cove Beach Bungalow. It was $200 and very nice! Not anywhere near Barefoot Beach, but Columbus Cove is very nice. Sandy beach, lunch is served nearby, there's a bar nearby, a restroom, and they're very attentive to keeping the "riff-raff" out (you get a private beach area also) and getting drinks. We'll do that again, IF we don't have access to Barefoot Beach. As you can see, I LOVE Barefoot Beach.

If you really want a Cabana, get one at Nellies, then if you can get one at Barefoot, cancel the Nellies. But if you wait, you run a risk of not being able to get one at all. They go pretty fast.

Hi. If I want to do the bungalow can I do that now? Did you like the bungalow as much as the OTW at Nellies?

I so love Cruise Critic!! Thank you all for your help! I have a few questions for you. How far is the walk from the OTW cabanas at Nellies to the nicer buffet? Is Barefoot beach rocky? Did you like the OTW cabana at Nellies? Like I mentioned in my first post this would be our only big excursion.

The walk isn’t very far about two hundred yards. You will walk past the entrance to barefoot on your way to nellies beach from the ship.

Yes, we love the otw cabanas on nellies beach. You will have a cabana worker. To help you and bring drinks from the bar to you. Plus you get a cooler with water at your cabana and you get floating mats.

Yes, Barefoot beach is more rocky( little rocks, coral in the water ) and they hurt if you step on them with barefeet[emoji16]

I would go to Barefoot and get a lounger under a tree if you don't manage to book a cabana. It is part of the suite privileges, less busy and apparently offers a better buffet. We had a cabana on Barefoot a few years ago. Really enjoyed the experience but only makes sense if you are planning to spend a significant amount of time at the beach.

As a suite guest are you allowed to bring guests to Barefoot Beach? I know that non suite guests are able to join suite guests in a cabana.

The walk isn’t very far about two hundred yards. You will walk past the entrance to barefoot on your way to nellies beach from the ship.

Yes, we love the otw cabanas on nellies beach. You will have a cabana worker. To help you and bring drinks from the bar to you. Plus you get a cooler with water at your cabana and you get floating mats.

Yes, Barefoot beach is more rocky( little rocks, coral in the water ) and they hurt if you step on them with barefeet[emoji16]

Hi! So would you just keep the OTW cabana at Nellies because it’s less rocky or would you try to get a cabana at Barefoot? If I can’t get one at Barefoot and have the one at Nellies I will probably just walk to the better buffet.

As a suite guest are you allowed to bring guests to Barefoot Beach? I know that non suite guests are able to join suite guests in a cabana.

No, only suite guests are allowed, unless the guests are part of a cabana party.