Epic Thermal Pass for Transatlantic Advice Please

ddlb

2 thermal spa passes for the 15 day Epic transatlantic are $299 each if purchased online. Yikes. BUT I had a spa mini-suite last cruise and absolutely loved the spa (got it with a mini-suite guarantee for a 7 day cruise and didn't realize at the time how very fortunate I was).

My question is I read the Breakaway assigns day-passes for $69. Has anyone been successful getting a day pass for the thermal spa on the Epic especially on a transatlantic?

My second question is my elderly friend has severe arthritis - if you also have it is the thermal spa beneficial?

My third question is this - I booked an inside and probably will not get my bid to upgrade to a balcony accepted. Since I have limited funds (to put it mildly) what would you do - pay to upgrade to a balcony or get the thermal spa passes. I welcome all opinions!

I am on the Epic transatlantic and have pre purchased Thermal spa pass-it is $20 less if you pre book versus on ship

NCL ships sell day passes based on availability ie if the cruise long passes don't sell out

With the number of sea days involved I would be very surprised if they didn't sell out

Look at it this way it works out less than $20 per day so really depends on how many times you intend to visit as opposed to taking chance that day passes will be available at $69

Again if they are available more likely to be on one of the port days

sea days I expect will be busy

2 thermal spa passes for the 15 day Epic transatlantic are $299 each if purchased online. Yikes. BUT I had a spa mini-suite last cruise and absolutely loved the spa (got it with a mini-suite guarantee for a 7 day cruise and didn't realize at the time how very fortunate I was).

My question is I read the Breakaway assigns day-passes for $69. Has anyone been successful getting a day pass for the thermal spa on the Epic especially on a transatlantic?

My second question is my elderly friend has severe arthritis - if you also have it is the thermal spa beneficial?

My third question is this - I booked an inside and probably will not get my bid to upgrade to a balcony accepted. Since I have limited funds (to put it mildly) what would you do - pay to upgrade to a balcony or get the thermal spa passes. I welcome all opinions!

Hi!

1......We have not done a TA but have been able to get day passes every time. They sell the cruise pass and day pass all the time. That has been our experience.

2....that is for your friend to decide. Get a day pass and see if he/she likes it and then go from there.

3.....what would I do? I would keep the inside (save $$) and splurge on the pass because I like the spa experience. But if you like sitting outside on your balcony and relaxing there anytime you want in the fresh air and great views, then that is for you! I would rather have both, but if it comes to making a choice. Mind you the majority of the balconies on the BA are very tight.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise.:)

It's a lot of money, but if you consider that they charge like $200 for a spa pass on the Epic's 7-day sailings, $299 for 15 days is a relatively good deal, especially since most of those days are sea days.

I wouldn't count on them making day passes available. This usually only happens on port days when there are fewer people on board. On a TA, it would be kind of a shame to give up your limited opportunity to go ashore to spend even more time on board.

I have never heard of anyone being able to upgrade from a day pass to a full pass, but I suppose it depends on your negotiating skills. I have heard of people buying a spa pass for the whole cruise and getting it refunded after trying it out, but again, it's up to you to convince them.

I would we did a transatlantic on the Breakaway it was in the month of April and the weather did not allow for outdoor pool use at all, we had a inside room and spent a lot of time at the spa. I would spend my money there, we don't gamble, we don't play bingo, but the spa we love.

I would we did a transatlantic on the Breakaway it was in the month of April and the weather did not allow for outdoor pool use at all, we had a inside room and spent a lot of time at the spa. I would spend my money there, we don't gamble, we don't play bingo, but the spa we love.

Thanks. I’m convinced the spa wins!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had the spa package on the Epic TA a couple of years, and it was the best money spent. I used it for my rehab of a Knee replacement, only 2 months earlier. The Epic spa also has an outside space. It will be crowded during the day, we went after dinner most nights.

I'm thinking about the spa pass too. It's 129 for our 3 day. We don't have any sea days so kinda going back and forth about the whole cruise pass or risking a possible day pass. Any ideas on short cruises with no sea days?

Wow if it is $129 each as much as I enjoyed it I would not pay that personally. I guess $299 ea for 15 days is a great deal after all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
1. Can you bring a drink into the spa?

2. If so, how close is the nearest bar?

(No, I’m not one to get obnoxiously drunk, even on vacation.)

I read on another thread you were allowed to bring a drink in a plastic glass. It would be rather awkward to drink I think in the waters! Maybe outside on the spa deck in a lounger after you use the spa? Not in the sauna! But who knows.... On the Epic you could go up to the next deck to the pool bar. Good luck!