Using credit card miles/ points to pay for NCL cruise

wardwhitty

i apologize if this has been asked before but I can’t find any recent answers to this question. I was wondering if you can use credit card miles/ points to pay for a cruise. Has anyone had experience doing this or know if it is an option?

i apologize if this has been asked before but I can’t find any recent answers to this question. I was wondering if you can use credit card miles/ points to pay for a cruise. Has anyone had experience doing this or know if it is an option?

We made a couple of payments with AMEX on a cruise last year. When the charge posted to the account we used points to pay it. With AMEX you do this before the billing cycle ends. Check with your credit card company. I don't think you can do it with NCL directly.

We’ve used aeroplan points to buy gift certificates for our travel agency, which then applies it to our cruise. It’s long and convoluted, taking multiple months in some cases. Hopefully your points program is better than this one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can book a cruise directly with NCL using points from NCL mastercard. There is a ton of current information out here on this. The number of points required is pretty high. It would take quite a few NCL cruises (earning 3 points per $) to get to the required level.

Look at ncl credit card rewards page. I booked inside room next Nov on Jade 9 nights boston southern Carribean. Used 30000 points twice to upgrade to balcony from inside. I realized my AAA Bank of America card gives triple points for travel food and gass. NCL only gives triple for travel. I was able to transfer AAA points to NCL as they are both Bank of America. Points grow quickly with AAA.

• 2 months later...
I just booked NCL Escape through Chase portal using points from my Chase Sapphire Reserve CC. I had approximately 170,000 points which was $2600

We have done this too for a cruise next year. Have you taken the cruise yet? If so did it work out smoothly for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done this too for a cruise next year. Have you taken the cruise yet? If so did it work out smoothly for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Using the Chase Portal is akin to using Expedia. It might actually be Expedia. It's not really booking with "points" from the vendor's point of view.

I've never done it because I've never felt it was a good use of my points. It always feels more "worth" it to me to use my Chase points for flights. Hotel and cruises just seem to ask for too high points when you can find deals elsewhere. But, if you've got the points to spare, absolutely nothing wrong with it and it works just fine. I've got friends who prefer to pay for their entire vacation with points whereas I'm more selective.

With flights, it's much harder to find discounts, etc. Even then, sometimes it's better to use the Chase Portal (and the Sapphire Reserve gives you 1.5 points instead of just 1), but sometimes it's better to just do a 1:1 transfer to a Chase travel partner. I typically transfer to United, and sometimes Southwest.

I just booked NCL Escape through Chase portal using points from my Chase Sapphire Reserve CC. I had approximately 170,000 points which was $2600

I literally JUST got my Chase Sapphire Reserve card yesterday, so I obviously don't have any points yet. However, I did log in to explore the Chase portal and when I click on Cruises, I just see a message saying "No offers are currently available. Please search a different destination or name." whether or I leave the search field blank or no matter what I type in for a destination.

Look at ncl credit card rewards page. I booked inside room next Nov on Jade 9 nights boston southern Carribean. Used 30000 points twice to upgrade to balcony from inside. I realized my AAA Bank of America card gives triple points for travel food and gass. NCL only gives triple for travel. I was able to transfer AAA points to NCL as they are both Bank of America. Points grow quickly with AAA.[/quote

What's the date for the 9 night cruise on the Jade?

I literally JUST got my Chase Sapphire Reserve card yesterday, so I obviously don't have any points yet. However, I did log in to explore the Chase portal and when I click on Cruises, I just see a message saying "No offers are currently available. Please search a different destination or name." whether or I leave the search field blank or no matter what I type in for a destination.

I actually sent them a message about that, have not heard back yet. I travel every week for work and figure I will have about 170,000 points when it is time to book my next cruise, that is about 2,500 off of the price of a cruise just doing what I have to do each week anyway.

I believe you have to call to get info about the cruises they offer

I actually sent them a message about that, have not heard back yet. I travel every week for work and figure I will have about 170,000 points when it is time to book my next cruise, that is about 2,500 off of the price of a cruise just doing what I have to do each week anyway.

Let me know what you find out! It does list a number to call on that page, but the rest of the language seems to indicate that you should be able to browse cruises on the page and then call when you are ready to book or have questions.

Look at ncl credit card rewards page. I booked inside room next Nov on Jade 9 nights boston southern Carribean. Used 30000 points twice to upgrade to balcony from inside. I realized my AAA Bank of America card gives triple points for travel food and gass. NCL only gives triple for travel. I was able to transfer AAA points to NCL as they are both Bank of America. Points grow quickly with AAA.[/quote

What's the date for the 9 night cruise on the Jade?

They had to mean the Dawn 9 night Eastern Caribbean on Nov 9. I booked this one, but cancelled, after deciding I did not want to fly back from San Juan.