Best Options for Costa Maya

MistyRo76

I've only been to Costa Maya once and it's probably been a decade or more. When we did port there, we spent the day just hanging out in Mahahual and we LOVED it! From what I've read, it looks like Mahahual hasn't changed drastically. You can still take a cheap taxi ride there and spend time on the beach if you are buying food/drinks from the various beach restaurants. Also sounds like it's still a cheap place for a massage!

I've also read good things about Maya Chan. We are doing likely an all-inclusive beach day in Cozumel, so not sure if we want to go that route here as well.

What else is not to miss here?

We just spent 6 days in Mahahual in January. It has not changed much. There are more restaurants and beach clubs but basically its the same great little beach town as before. I noticed that the water is much more shallow between the beach and the reef than it was years ago. In most places you cant even get out to the reef. Its that shallow! We loved every moment we spent in Mahahual!