Rowing Machine on Oasis

My wife and I are avid (indoor) rowers. Last year on Allure, we were excited to know there was a Concept 2 rowing maching (erg) on board, only to be disappointed when we found out it had not been properly serviced and was essentially unusable. Has anyone here used the erg on Oasis recently? Can you testify to its being in good working order?

I was on the 1/28 sailing and it worked fine. But I just use the standard row setting, not sure if the specialized settings worked. Straps were ok. There is only one rowing machine, but I seldom had to wait to use it.

Thanks. If it works, I may try to row the fastest 2000m ever rowed on a cruise ship (or at least the fastest that anyone can prove, until someone rows a faster one!). :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Thanks. If it works, I may try to row the fastest 2000m ever rowed on a cruise ship (or at least the fastest that anyone can prove, until someone rows a faster one!). :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Maybe they could wire you up to the ship generator to save fuel. :D

Sort of like that old ESPN lance Armstrong commercial.

Ha! Or the captain could just give me an oar! I did like that Sportscenter commercial.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would be one big oar!

Then you could enjoy a good jog or walk on the jogging track too. It is such a nice area with lots of nice views during your run/walk.

Have fun.

What’s your 2K time?

We are on Anthem now, only one poorly maintained Concept 2. There were two of them when we were on the inaugural TA from Southampton a little over two years ago. :(

What’s your 2K time?

We are on Anthem now, only one poorly maintained Concept 2. There were two of them when we were on the inaugural TA from Southampton a little over two years ago. :(

That's not encouraging ...

I pulled a 6:25.9 at the Tennessee Indoor Championships last weekend. That's 1 second off my PR, and I had a very bad morning stomach-wise, so I'm going to try to beat my PR tomorrow.

Oh my! Im on Allure in August and do the rower 30 minutes 5-6 days a week in addition to my regular workout. The rower is a staple in my gym routine. I get nervous when I read there are only two on a ship but one....yikes and now have to not only hope I dont have to wait and make sure I can use but now have to hope it is fixed.

Thanks for this information. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums