New Royal Caribbean Deluex Drinking Package Policy

Well said!!!

I’m so amazed at how rude people can be behind a keyboard. Folks need to keep in mind, at one time they were new to cruising and CC forums. It doesn’t hurt to be polite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have posted several photos including the one with my screen name so people know who i am and i always intend to give people respectful answers and treat them like i want to be treated.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

On the Freedom of the Seas in late January 2018, I asked the person selling drink packages near the Buffet, and they said no exceptions even though I told him I am diabetic and cannot drink alcohol. They wouldn't let me buy a non-alcohol package instead. At the pool bar, however, the bartender did let my husband buy the deluxe drink package and me buy the non-alcohol package. If you cannot get this done prior to the cruise, I suggest you try different bartenders.

All Royal Caribbean cruises sailing after December 2017 have the updated policy to the Deluex drinking package(booze package). That all members in a state room 21 years of age and up must purchase the Deluex package if any other member of the state room wants to purchase the package. Has anyone sailed with the new policy applied. Was it the case or did you find a way around this? I'll be sailing in April on Oasis with 3 other people who don't want the package. Majority wins. Any information or experience with this would be of much help and appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I would not count on buying it on the ship and being able to get an exception. Call in, you should get an exception. I did it a month ago for my wife (since I will not drink enough to make it worth while). I bought for her and just kept the refreshment I already had. I then called in a couple of weeks later when it went down in price, cancelled it and rebought it for the lower price, again not needing to buy one for me.

I do wonder if somebody actually did not want a package for the other person at all, if they could buy a refreshment package for one, call in to get the deluxe for the other, and then go online and cancel the refreshment package.