Camp Ocean- 2-5 year olds

dn4786

Does anyone have a recent schedule of events for Camp Ocean 2-5 year olds (penguins) on the 4 day Cruise on Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile? We leave this Thursday (Feb 15, 018) and would like my daughter to go to camp for a few hours each day. Would like to know some of the activities so I can talk it up to her and get her excited.

Don't have information specifically for the Fantasy, but the multiple ships we have used camp for there is free time play, movies, arts and crafts, theme nights with scavenger hunts, music and dancing etc. Our kids (5 & 4 on last cruise) love it and have lots of fun! As soon as you board head to camp so she can check it out, meet some of the counselors and grab the activity sheet for the cruise. It will list everything and times. Have fun!:)

Thank you for your reply. I was really hoping to see a copy of the daily activites- especially any theme nights so we can pack accordingly

Your young ones won't need to pack anything specifically for camp activities. Play clothes will be fine.

The most important thing is to attend the first meeting where you will get a list of all activities scheduled for the duration of the cruise. This is also the chance for you and them to see if they will be comfortable with what is offered.

Don't have information specifically for the Fantasy, but the multiple ships we have used camp for there is free time play, movies, arts and crafts, theme nights with scavenger hunts, music and dancing etc. Our kids (5 & 4 on last cruise) love it and have lots of fun! As soon as you board head to camp so she can check it out, meet some of the counselors and grab the activity sheet for the cruise. It will list everything and times. Have fun!:)

Thanks for the tip. My son is looking forward to Camp Ocean after we watched a few Youtube videos.

SaveSave

Edited by offdutyworkingmom
submitted too soon

Not sure about your sailing, but every cruise we've been on there has been a pirate night theme. They dress up has pirates (face paint) that night so you don't need to pack anything special. They have also had color wars red vs. blue, but that was for the stingrays and sharks.

They do some magic shows on every sailing it seems too.

Not sure about your sailing, but every cruise we've been on there has been a pirate night theme. They dress up has pirates (face paint) that night so you don't need to pack anything special. They have also had color wars red vs. blue, but that was for the stingrays and sharks.

They do some magic shows on every sailing it seems too.

We'll be on the Vista in May and he is really social so he is going to love it when I pass this on. Thanks!

On embarkation day go up and visit Camp Ocean. They are open for certain times to allow your child to “tour” the area and so you can finalize any last minute paperwork. It might get them excited to see all the cool toys. On the first night of some cruises Camp Ocean has a family party and I encourage you to attend. When our granddaughter was younger this always helped her to meet other kids her age on the ship.

We always start the cruise by getting the schedule for the week and then our granddaughter goes through and chooses which activities she wants to attend.

My 2 and 4 year old LOVED Camp Ocean. Carnival really does a wonderful job with it. Every day we would pick them up and they would have some sort of craft project, face painted, etc. As others have suggested, definitely swing by after getting on the ship to meet the staff and get an idea of activities. I don't particularly remember many scheduled activities, maybe they were, but the camp was more than fun regardless of when we dropped them off.

I would also note that Carnival is the only line that I'm aware of that offers camp for 2 year olds (regardless of potty training, too).