Fridge

dn4786

• 4 weeks later...
Do the oceanview rooms on the Fantasy have a mini fridge?

Not sure if you have cruised yet or not, but in case you didnt find out and for anyone else browsing, I have read in my research of Fantasy that only the suites have them.

Bummer because we booked an oceanview room also. :(

Funny that a motel for 70 bucks (often less) a night will have a fridge but an oceanview room on a cruise cant manage a tiny fridge :o

I looked on the Carnival website, looked at the amenities of my cabin and it says there is a mini fridge. I am counting on it, would be really unhappy (keeping it clean) if there wasn't.

Sorry, should have said I am on Splendor in December.

Edited by comiso13
adding to post

All ships from Conquest class forward have a fridge in every cabin. Fantasy class, Destiny(Sunshine), Triumph and Victory only had them in suites. Elation (Fantasy class) had them added in her drydock last fall, and Paradise will be getting them now. I think there are some cabins on Sunshine that have them now. EM

OP,

Within the last month we have been on the Imagination and the Inspiration, I think they are both Fantasy class ships.

We did NOT have a fridge in either cabin. I requested one for my meds thru the Passenger Services desk and they

provided it at no additional charge on both cruises/ships.

Thanks,

Fred

Funny that a motel for 70 bucks (often less) a night will have a fridge but an oceanview room on a cruise cant manage a tiny fridge :o

I saw a video explaining dry dock schedule not to long ago, and the question of why mini-fridges were not added to all rooms at dry dock was raised. Basic answer was that the rooms are not wired in a manner to make it feasible. Went on to explain that instead of maintenance and upgrades, they would basically have to gut most of the stateroom areas to make it happen....

Without starting a debate on whether CCL could/should spend that kind of money or if it would increase revenue, At least it does appear that those in need may be able to get a Medi-Cooler from Guest Access / Medical Center or Guest Services if needed to store temperature sensitive medication in rooms without them....

If you need to keep something cold, you are permitted to bring a small cooler on the ship with you. The collapsible ones are perfect. Just ask your room steward and they will ensure that it is kept full of fresh ice the entire cruise.