Change in Ferry Schedule to/from Cozumel

ShamrockFL

How long does it take for the ferry to get from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen? We were to golf in Cozumel but are now golfing in Playa Del Carmen (on a Carnival Excursion).

So I am not worried about the ferry schedule just the travelling time and size of the boat.

Bellera...

The transit time on the ferry is about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the water conditions. It can get choppy.

It was a good size boat... I'm thinking about 60 feet. There is indoor and outdoor seating. It reminds me a lot of the tourist sightseeing boats in San Francisco Bay.

Kit

30 - 40 minutes is not bad, I guess! I just hope it is not too choppy! We can handle the large cruise ships just fine, it is those little boats that get us!

We took the ferry in Nassau to Blue Lagoon Island and we were fine - hopefully it is the same sort of ride.

Thanks for the quick reply.

How long does it take for the ferry to get from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen? We were to golf in Cozumel but are now golfing in Playa Del Carmen (on a Carnival Excursion).

So I am not worried about the ferry schedule just the travelling time and size of the boat.

Well we left right from the Carnival ship on a tender to Playa del Carmen for our excursion. The water wasn't that bad. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside on top. It really wasn't enclosed but it had side panels. The golfers were on this tender as well as dolphin excursions and Tulum excursions. It is the first tender in the morning that leaves. When it returns it takes you right back to the ship.

Well we left right from the Carnival ship on a tender to Playa del Carmen for our excursion. The water wasn't that bad. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside on top. It really wasn't enclosed but it had side panels. The golfers were on this tender as well as dolphin excursions and Tulum excursions. It is the first tender in the morning that leaves. When it returns it takes you right back to the ship.

That was great that you actually tendered directly to Playa. I'm pretty sure our ship RCL Radiance, didn't offer the dolphin swim as a tour or I'm sure daughter would have opted for that as they were a little wary of doing this one on their own. The actual ferry schedule is posted on a similar thread under "Cozumel". Apparently it varies between one and two hours.

Archived