Carnival Vista: 6 Day Western Cruise Review

jam19872016

Pictures of the buffet area were tricky as there were people EVERYWHERE. It was your typical Carnival setup with two separate buffet areas. This is the back one, less busy as it was closed down. This is also where the Deli is located.

IMG143-L.jpg

Stairs leading up to the Aisain and Italian place.

IMG144-L.jpg

Tides Bar.

IMG145-L.jpg

Seafood Shack.

IMG146-L.jpg

Pizzeria del Capitano.

IMG147-L.jpg

Aft Pool.

IMG148-L.jpg

Very very colorless. Zero wow factor anywhere on this ship, sadly. I guess that is the trend and what people like these days, but I sure miss the crazy and "fun" colors and decorations throughout the common areas.

You are doing a great job on this review! We were on Vista and to us it was the ugliest most crowded ship to date that we have cruised on (and we have been on some MEGA ships like Allure - RCI, and Harmony - RCI) and they were far LESS crowded than the Vista and very beautiful as well. Have to also agree about the BLAH, cheap decorating on this ship. No granite, no brass, just cheap blah ceramic tile and plastic covered walls, mismatched colors (turquoise & orange). Aside from NO WOW factor, very congested! Can't wait to hear your assessment of the main theatre with the poles and moveable chairs....yikes!! We are definitely NOT interested in her sister ship the Horizon at this point if it is remotely similar to the Vista!!

You are doing a great job on this review! We were on Vista and to us it was the ugliest most crowded ship to date that we have cruised on (and we have been on some MEGA ships like Allure - RCI, and Harmony - RCI) and they were far LESS crowded than the Vista and very beautiful as well. Have to also agree about the BLAH, cheap decorating on this ship. No granite, no brass, just cheap blah ceramic tile and plastic covered walls, mismatched colors (turquoise & orange). Aside from NO WOW factor, very congested! Can't wait to hear your assessment of the main theatre with the poles and moveable chairs....yikes!! We are definitely NOT interested in her sister ship the Horizon at this point if it is remotely similar to the Vista!!

It looks like they said "Let's build a ship that can hold the most people in the smallest space as cheaply as we can"

Very few items look custom made, with chairs and such being available in the open marketplace which reduced cost.

Nice review and pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

Your review was wonderful Carnival should give you a present :)

Sailing on Glory April 28

I will forward your message to Carnival. I hope you have some pull over there :D Be sure you check out my Glory review, link on my first post.

Love your pictures. You must be up very early to get pictures with no people in them. I am soooo looking forward to my cruise on the Vista.

I took the pictures about an hour to two hours after we arrived in port that way most people are off the ship. The wrap around deck on 5 was always that quiet, hardly a soul in sight the whole week. The cooler weather was probably part of the reason, but I still could not believe how quiet it was, when everywhere else you turned you were surrounded by people.

Love your review! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

Thanks, glad your liking it :)

following along. We were on the January 21 sailing with the same itinerary

I enjoyed your review. Although I was sad to see it ended with you writing Carnival off. I understand why, but do hope you will give Carnival a try again sometime but on the Conquest or Dream class ships.

I agree with everything you said about the Vista. I have not yet sailed on Royal, but given the number of passengers Oasis class holds in relation to her size, I am sure it feels much less crowded than Vista. There are just too many people crammed on this ship in relation to her size.

I actually found no issue with the main theater but I am in the very small minority. I always show up really early for shows because I enjoy the pre show, and had my pick of seats. And I am a pretty tall guy, so had no issue seeing over people in front of me, as for the folks behind me - sorry. Now the comedy club? No matter where I sat, it seemed that there was a pole in my line of sight.

I would still sail Horizon if the price were right but would go into it knowing I am not going to be blown away by the decor

Good review, thanks for sharing. My wife and I sailed her a year ago this week. Had a great time.

Thanks for reading along.

Love your review! We are sailing Vista in June and definitely looking forward to see everything in person, but loving your pics :)

Glad you like it :).

It looks like they said "Let's build a ship that can hold the most people in the smallest space as cheaply as we can"

Very few items look custom made, with chairs and such being available in the open marketplace which reduced cost.

agreed

I second that. I am hoping they try a little harder with Horizon. There is a middle ground between the muted Vista and the "scream at you pink" Splendor. I hope they try to find it.

Following. Doing this itinerary on the Horizon for my 50th bday.... In 2020!

2020?!? My goodness that is such a long time off. I could never plan that far out, it would drive me completely insane. At least you have a full calendar of cruises booked to keep you occupied, but still that is a LONG time away lol.

I think we might have been on the same sailing! 1/7 was the first half of our B2B and it turned Premier long after we booked it (of course!). My mother and I said the same thing nearly word for word. It wasn't in any way a BAD cruise, and we had some really great luck with exceptional service and crew we loved, but I won't go on anything bigger than Dream class again, and more likely Conquest. It's like they stripped everything that makes a cruise ship special and a unique experience..very generic feeling and those LINES. Holy moly. We skipped a lot of things because we were just too lazy to stand in line.

If you're sailing on Vista, keep in mind they serve breakfast in the MDR every morning, even port days. You'll have better food and get through faster than fighting that Lido.