Celebrity Reflection

v72sonic

Does anyone know if you have to pay to use the exercise bikes or other equipment in the gym on the ship?

I am recovering from a total knee replacement and I only need to use the bike for 10 minutes a day. I can't see paying for a class as I do not need that much time in the gym.

Thanks!

Thank You!

I will be sure to use the bikes!

Its been 12 weeks tomorrow since my surgery and I still am a little bit sore and swollen but the bikes will help!

Happy Cruising!

We cruised recently with me post op and I found the Solarium pool fabulous! I had asked my physio pre cruise about specific exercises to do in the pool as well as general swimming.

Also remember you can ask your butler/room attendant to bring you ice twice a day so you can have some ready if needed.

Have a great cruise!

BTW the solarium pool hasn’t any children, so you may prefer it to the main pool for your physio exercises. Also, if you need ice more frequently, you can obtain a glass of ice to refill your ice pack at the Ocean View Cafe ice machine. Having a cranky knee myself (old ACL injury) I always pack a few zip-lock bags for this purpose. I wish you a very smooth and swift recovery.

Bon voyage!

Does anyone know if you have to pay to use the exercise bikes or other equipment in the gym on the ship?

I am recovering from a total knee replacement

Bikes as well as other equipment are free in the gym. That said many treadmills but just a few bikes. You'll be competing with my DW (recent total knee replacement) for a bike.:):):)

SAS

cruiseri,

Are you booked on a cruise....if so when are you going? Our paths might cross!

Thanks to everyone for their good suggestions! Yes....I have been known to take ziploc bags with me for icing my knee even before the surgery! Glad the surgery is OVER and now trying to get my knee back to normal!

Happy Sailing!

Debbie

cruiseri,

Are you booked on a cruise....if so when are you going? Our paths might cross!

Thanks to everyone for their good suggestions! Yes....I have been known to take ziploc bags with me for icing my knee even before the surgery! Glad the surgery is OVER and now trying to get my knee back to normal!

Happy Sailing!

Debbie

Do those exercises!! I've had both knees replaced (three months apart) and never had a problem. I have friends who didn't do their rehab faithfully and still have problems.

I do my exercises, even though it is still a little difficult.....however I push through!

My husband had both of his knees replaced as well a few years ago. His replacements are 7 years apart and he is doing rather well.

I went to his surgeon because I like how well my husband recovered plus also went to the same PT place.

We are rather active and are always on the go. We are in our mid 60's.

Once again thank you everyone on here for all of your suggestions and encouragement!

Debbie