Conquest or Sunshine

JaxsMama

I disagree with the last post. We just got off a 13 day b2b on the Sunshine. We loved it. The only place I felt crowded was when you first walk it to the buffet area. It is a tight passage way.

It depends on what you like. The Conquest have better pools and hot tubes but the Sunshine has the best Serenity Area in the fleet. We have sailed on both ships. The layout of the Conquest is better but the food on the Sunshine in better.

It would be a toss up. Sailing out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) was easier that Port Carnival (Orlando). The port in Orlando is a 45 minute drive where Port Everglades is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Rick

I haven’t done the conquest but I have done the breeze and the sunshine. My family loved the breeze but the sunshine was my least favorite carnival cruise ever. I didn’t hate it because well you are on vacation but the pool is ughhhh. They really needed to add another pool to that boat. There are way too many people for what they offer. If you have kids the one thing that would lean me toward the sunshine would be the water park. I believe the conquest only has a slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed Sunshine twice and would choose it over Conquest any day. Far more options for food if that is your thing. Jiji's Asian Kitchen alone is worth it. Best specialty dining we have had on ANY Carnival ship and only available on a very few of which Sunshine is one. Much better and larger Serenity with its own pool. If you want something different but stay with the Carnival brand, Sunshine is a great choice. Our least memorable cruise was on a Conquest class ship (Glory). Not a bad cruise by any means, but nothing stood out.

I like both. I like the Conquest a little more because the sunshine comedy club is so small and comedy is important to me. If it were me, I’d go based on price and convenience to get to the port. The ships are close enough to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We really love the Magic and Breeze but want to try something different. I found an itinery we want to do on both Sunshine and Conquest. Any suggestions on which to choose? Both cruises 8 day to southern Caribbean.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Definitely Conquest. We were on the Sunshine and while it was a fun cruise, I would not go on that ship again. Too much packed into too small a space. We are going on Conquest in 60 days. Were on Liberty, and loved that ship.

We've been on both. Conquest was our least favorite cruise, and Sunshine was our favorite and will be doing a 13 night B2B on her next month. Best food venues and Serenity is fantastic. We're never in a hurry so if there are lines or crowds we must just miss them. Conquest was our first cruise where we felt the staff wasn't as friendly and some seemed downright disinterested in our needs.

Have a great time whatever you choose.

We sailed Sunshine twice and would choose it over Conquest any day. Far more options for food if that is your thing. Jiji's Asian Kitchen alone is worth it. Best specialty dining we have had on ANY Carnival ship and only available on a very few of which Sunshine is one. Much better and larger Serenity with its own pool. If you want something different but stay with the Carnival brand, Sunshine is a great choice. Our least memorable cruise was on a Conquest class ship (Glory). Not a bad cruise by any means, but nothing stood out.

This! Conquest class ships are out least favorite. While it carries 20 less passengers and is 8,000 tons larger, it is missing all the bells and whistles that Sunshine offers. Also, the l-shaped balconies do not have a couch!

Conquest just got its Serenity deck during its latest dry dock. She's a pretty standard Conquest Class ship at this point. Sunshine is, as has been described here and elsewhere, the completely updated and redesigned Destiny. She does have a tendency to get a little crowded, especially at the mid-ship pinch points near Guy's and Blue Iguana and she has at least one 'miss' in the Comedy Club venue. But on the huge positive side, her Serenity is by far the best in the fleet, she has the widest restaurant selection of anything but the newest builds, and a fresh new decor.

I'd do either with probably a modest preference for Sunshine. Price and airline cost would impact my final decision.

I've sailed both the Conquest (twice) and the Sunshine. The Conquest was after having sailed on the Sunshine, and frankly, after sailing on Sunshine, the Conquest was a severe let down. We sail for the itinerary more than the ship, which is why we sailed on Conquest twice after Sunshine despite liking Sunshine more. As to why I like Sunshine more--it has more and better food options than the Conquest had.

So, given the option between the two ships, I would definitely go with the Sunshine.

Our last 3 cruises have been on these 2 ships. The Conquest twice followed by the Sunshine. They each have there pluses and minuses, but they are very similar in a lot of ways. It depends on what is important to you. The Sunshine does have a much better Serenity area if you want that. The Conquest has a second pool if you want that.