QM2 dress code for women

chloe kitty

I look forward to seeing you both trip the light fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I have two left feet and no sense of rhythm whatsoever! Thus, you will not see me floating around the dance floor but I still like to wander the ship in the evenings so I'm hoping to spot you. Of course if you're only dressed in "nice tops", I may not let on !

Thank you too Camgirl and I love your suggestion of Bon Marche, I have never looked for dresses in there. I'll have a look when I next go into town. I buy loads of things from Marisota or JD Williams or whatever else they call themselves.

Another suggestion I heard recently for cruise clothes was Roman Originals, so perhaps have a look at their website.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just for you, Ancun1, I will add something extra to the 'nice tops'.

It's a pity you can't make it to Swindon as they have a Roman Originals department.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Camgirl. Lots to catch up on. I won't have danced between my November cruise and the June one so my standards may have slipped somewhat!!! In fact, I haven't really danced for a year now.

If you haven't discovered the delights of Boundary Mill at Colne, you could be in for a treat. They seem to have a huge range of labels at excellent discounts. One of the things I bought there for our last cruise was a beautiful lace vest to wear under a jacket with silk trousers. You'll find lots of trouser 'n top wearers, in all parts of the ship. (Though I do love wheeling out the bling and swishy skirts for formal nights.)

Thanks AnnieC, not heard of them before. Had a look but unfortunately, again everything I liked was only available to the sylph-like amongst us!

I agree about Boundary Mill Grendelsmother but I haven't been there for a while. My main problem isn't finding stores that stock nice things, but that dresses don't do me any favours. I have so much that needs concealing that I have to stick to "nice tops" and long skirts/trousers. I NEVER wear dresses of any description, oh, apart from my daughter's wedding and then I had to. I did change in the evening though, an afternoon was long enough in a dress.

Ebay is a godsend when it comes to buying cocktail dresses etc.

There are some absolute bargains with lightly worn and new dresses at a fraction of shop prices. All budgets, tastes and shapes are catered for. Accessories as well.

I even persuaded my husband to buy a tuxedo on eBay. He wasn't very keen but is really pleased with the suit.

If you're pretty confident regarding size and know what suits you, I don't think you can fail. I'm a bit of an eBay addict. [emoji126]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Ebay is wonderful for finding formal men's and women's clothing!