Mixology 101 on Equinox

LeCricket

This class sounds like fun to me. My husband, not so much. I know he will not be eager to pay $35 pp for this class when we have the premium drink package. I know it's not much, but that's the way his mind works. I say it'll be fun and maybe it will break us out of our cocktail rut a little when we get home.

Have any of you taken this class? What were your thoughts?

This class sounds like fun to me. My husband, not so much. I know he will not be eager to pay $35 pp for this class when we have the premium drink package. I know it's not much, but that's the way his mind works. I say it'll be fun and maybe it will break us out of our cocktail rut a little when we get home.

Have any of you taken this class? What were your thoughts?

Yes, we did on Eclipse, and it was $30 I believe at the time...and- was a blast getting to do it. That said, it was at a time when it was still the Molecular Bar... a lot of fun.

Your husband has to be objective and separate the premium package you have with any extra tours you want, including onboard classes- they simply are not connected.

If they were, the premium drink package would be higher priced to now ‘include’ the fee. Also, there would be no easy capacity control of the class. This is no different than the Oceanview Café including all your food, but the Lawn Grill or any specialty dining being extra.

Does not sound like he should go, where he is concerned about $35. I think you would have a blast doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it last year. They weren’t having much success getting people to sign up and ran a 1/2 price special. Even with that there were only three of us.

The BT explained the basics for drinks and then made 4 or 5 different cocktails and let us write down the recipes. One was a Mojito, another was a Espresso Martini have the rest written down somewhere and I don’t want to look them up but if you do a search the class was discussed in another thread. Each of us was given a full drink of each one. The class lasted about 1 hour and at the end weren’t feeling any pain.

A 18% gratuity is added on top of the cost so it will be more than $35. It was worth 1/2 price but having a drink package like I also had is hard to justify the full cost and I think that is the reason many didn’t attend. We sailed when just about everyone had all 4 perks on the Equinox due to the special promo at the time.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍺🍻🥂

My husband took the mixology class on our Equinox cruise in 2016 and he really enjoyed it. He learned a lot of new things about how to make a drink and the proportions of each mixer that should go into a drink so he can now apply that concept when he makes a drink at home. I did not care to participate, but the bartender was fine with me sitting next to him and just observing the class. It was actually a lot of fun for me too, even though I wasn't going behind the bar to mix the drinks! Maybe your husband can just keep you company and watch while you take the class? We both thought it was definitely worth it and are considering doing it again on our Eclipse cruise in a few weeks. If you want to see more details about our time at the mixology class, I wrote up a detailed review of the whole cruise. The part that talks about the mixology class starts on post #165 of this page:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2334665&page=9

Yes, we did on Eclipse, and it was $30 I believe at the time...and- was a blast getting to do it. That said, it was at a time when it was still the Molecular Bar... a lot of fun.

Your husband has to be objective and separate the premium package you have with any extra tours you want, including onboard classes- they simply are not connected.

If they were, the premium drink package would be higher priced to now ‘include’ the fee. Also, there would be no easy capacity control of the class. This is no different than the Oceanview Café including all your food, but the Lawn Grill or any specialty dining being extra.

Does not sound like he should go, where he is concerned about $35. I think you would have a blast doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! He will be fine. He just mentioned it. It’s not like spending $35 on something he wasn’t super excited about will ruin his cruise. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did it last year. They weren’t having much success getting people to sign up and ran a 1/2 price special. Even with that there were only three of us.

The BT explained the basics for drinks and then made 4 or 5 different cocktails and let us write down the recipes. One was a Mojito, another was a Espresso Martini have the rest written down somewhere and I don’t want to look them up but if you do a search the class was discussed in another thread. Each of us was given a full drink of each one. The class lasted about 1 hour and at the end weren’t feeling any pain.

A 18% gratuity is added on top of the cost so it will be more than $35. It was worth 1/2 price but having a drink package like I also had is hard to justify the full cost and I think that is the reason many didn’t attend. We sailed when just about everyone had all 4 perks on the Equinox due to the special promo at the time.

Drink up [emoji483][emoji485][emoji484][emoji481][emoji482]🥂

Sounds awesome. Thanks!!!

My husband took the mixology class on our Equinox cruise in 2016 and he really enjoyed it. He learned a lot of new things about how to make a drink and the proportions of each mixer that should go into a drink so he can now apply that concept when he makes a drink at home. I did not care to participate, but the bartender was fine with me sitting next to him and just observing the class. It was actually a lot of fun for me too, even though I wasn't going behind the bar to mix the drinks! Maybe your husband can just keep you company and watch while you take the class? We both thought it was definitely worth it and are considering doing it again on our Eclipse cruise in a few weeks. If you want to see more details about our time at the mixology class, I wrote up a detailed review of the whole cruise. The part that talks about the mixology class starts on post #165 of this page:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2334665&page=9

Thanks! I think he wants to do it now. I think He really didn’t understand.

Thanks for the link. Off to check it out. :)

Found my notes and the drinks we made were

Daiquiri Hemingway

Espresso Martini

Grapefruit Cosmo

Mojito

All were with the premium liquors, full size and very potent and very good. Don’t go on a empty stomach.

We all had a great time and I know that all three of us ended up giving a very generous TIP over the additional 18%

My wife went with me for the Bourbon and Bacon pairing. It was very good and different. Before we started we were told that we could share. It was good advise and really didn’t need for each to have our own as it was shots of bourbon and plenty of it.

Drink up 🥂🍻🍷🍹🍸🍺

Found my notes and the drinks we made were

Daiquiri Hemingway

Espresso Martini

Grapefruit Cosmo

Mojito

All were with the premium liquors, full size and very potent and very good. Don’t go on a empty stomach.

We all had a great time and I know that all three of us ended up giving a very generous TIP over the additional 18%

My wife went with me for the Bourbon and Bacon pairing. It was very good and different. Before we started we were told that we could share. It was good advise and really didn’t need for each to have our own as it was shots of bourbon and plenty of it.

Drink up 🥂🍻🍷🍹🍸🍺

Thanks! Could you have shared the drinks from Mixology? Or is that what you did? Those sound yummy!!! Hubby might like Bourbon and Bacon.