Uncertified/Discover SCUBA in Grand Turk?

Uhfolks

I'm looking to dive while we're in port, I've heard great things about Grand Turk. But Carnival only offers 1 SCUBA excursion & it's certified only. Any pointers on where to look if I'm not certified? I've been to multiple ports that have a "Discover" Scuba excursion, but this one just doesn't seem to have it.

Carnival offers its water excursions through Oasis Divers, but there are at least two other dive operators at Grand Turk and you can find offerings through them online. One is Blue Water Divers and the other is Grand Turk Diving Company. Blue Water offers a "discover scuba" excursion for cruise guests on their website.

http://www.grandturkscuba.com/grand-turk-cruise/try-scuba-diving/

...as does GT Diving: https://gtdiving.com/cruise-visitor

Carnival offers its water excursions through Oasis Divers, but there are at least two other dive operators at Grand Turk and you can find offerings through them online. One is Blue Water Divers and the other is Grand Turk Diving Company. Blue Water offers a "discover scuba" excursion for cruise guests on their website.

http://www.grandturkscuba.com/grand-turk-cruise/try-scuba-diving/

...as does GT Diving: https://gtdiving.com/cruise-visitor

Thanks for the info! Wow, those are much more expensive than the Discover Courses through Carnival :o Pretty much double what Carnival's prices were. I always heard booking outside of Carnival was less expensive, I guess it doesn't hold for all cases.

Thanks for the info! Wow, those are much more expensive than the Discover Courses through Carnival :o Pretty much double what Carnival's prices were. I always heard booking outside of Carnival was less expensive, I guess it doesn't hold for all cases.

Yes, I noticed the prices for "Discover" scuba and also the skills-refresh were higher than even the 1- or 2-tank dive prices. :o

I suspect the reason why Carnival and Oasis don't offer the "Discover" excursion is because there weren't many takers at that price-point.

I've done the snuba at Grand Turk through Carnival and Oasis, twice, and had a good experience both times. It's not scuba, but it was good for me as an "unofficially" experienced diver (i.e., no cert yet). :)

For whatever reason the prices for discover Scuba in GT are double everywhere else in the Caribbean. I can’t figure it out. Maybe lack of competition. My kids and I are opting to do our discover dive in Aruba instead for $90pp on a private tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For whatever reason the prices for discover Scuba in GT are double everywhere else in the Caribbean. I can’t figure it out. Maybe lack of competition. My kids and I are opting to do our discover dive in Aruba instead for $90pp on a private tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh, you're right. I just looked some up in St. Thomas & found an extremely highly reviewed dive shop (4.9-5.0 on yelp, trip advisor, etc) doing them for $70 a person! It's crazy how much of a difference there is. We could literally do 2 dives each & still save about $100 compared to just doing one in Grand Turk.