Favorite daytime cruise activities

scubamommy!

We are sailing on the Ecstacy. I know it is a smaller ship. I actually like the smaller ships. I will be at the pool on sea days and beaches on port days. I have a friend going that is not a pool/beach girl. At ALL. There are a ton of us 40-50ish gals going, but she has asked me what ELSE there is to do on board. I have most recently sailed on Celebrity ( their smaller ships too) and they had a ton of fun stuff like bingo, kitchen tours, cooking classes, tequila or wine tastings, spa events and so forth. I can't seem to find any "dailies" from the Ecstacy. All I keep reading about is a hairy chest contest and pool deck dancing, which I will find funny, but not her cup of tea. Please tell me there will be some other fun stuff not on the pool deck that I can tell her to look for.

Tell me your favorite thing to do in the daytime on cruises! Besides eat,drink and nap! LOL

Speaking of "cup of tea:, Afternoon Tea is a nice relaxing way to spend some time.

Generally about 3pm on sea days (you have to scour the Fun Times to find it, but it is there!).

They serve tea sandwiches, pastries, cakes and scones.

Both times we have gone it is in one of the dining rooms on the back of the ship, so you can watch the ocean out behind you.

They also had the string trio playing relaxing music each time as well.

On sea days they have a live morning show with the CD in the main lounge

They have trivia and games pretty much all day. My last few cruises this has been in the atrium.

I’ve seen disco, salsa, and Michael Jackson thriller dance classes in the atrium in the afternoon.

They have bingo, art auctions, alcohol tastings, mixology classes, exercise classes, health and beauty seminars