The upgrade fairy needed a little prodding

TickledBlue

Just got upgraded from a 1B balcony to an A1 aqua balcony for free on our April Hawaii to Vancouver sailing on the Solstice. Very happy with this, our first time in aqua class. :D

This came after monitoring the prices, watching them drop significantly after final payment.

To get the upgrade, I called our TA and told her that the prices dropped and asked if I could get a free upgrade. She called Celebrity and they offered the A1 cabin with no change in the original perks and no additional charges. A caveat here is that I booked with the 'Go Big' in Sept. 2016 (only 1 perk) whereas now 'Go Better' (2 perks) is offered.

Nonetheless, it's great to see that the upgrade fairy really does exist even though she needed a little boot in the keister to act.

If you can swing it, you might want to join us -- there's attractive pricing on the Apr. 29 sailing. A bonus is that the CC roll call is very active and a great bunch of people.

Enjoy! My friends and I did that itinerary in sunset verandahs in 2016. It was amazing. The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the temperature drop as we crossed the Pacific. It was nice enough to sit by the pool the first two days after we left Hawaii, but after that we spent our time in the Sanctuary.

I hope you have as good a time as we did!:cool:

Timing, luck and monitoring prices can have a great payoff. Glad you feel that you got a great deal and feel happy. Yes, a little prodding now and then sure doesn’t hurt,as long as you prepare for a “no.”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums