Fishing in Vancouver

trixiee

There are a number of fishing charter operators based in Coal Harbour (near the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal), or at Granville Island (a 10 minute cab ride), or at Horseshoe Bay (about a 40 minute drive).

See http://business.superpages.ca/listings.jsp?CID=001B7800C10&MC=1&SRC=ca&C=fishing+&T=Vancouver&S=BC&PS=15&R=N&STYPE=S

Day trips from any of those locations are quite do-able.

Bay at Sewell's Marina(they have little 2 people ones) and go out for a few hours. There are places to pick up a lunch and go see some awesome views and maybe catch a salmon or two.

Let me know if you want a phone number etc..

Take a camera!

You're welcome. Be aware that July 1 is Canada Day (Canadian equivalent of July 4). It is a long weekend, and will be busy. I recommend you reserve well in advance.

Sewell's Marina at Horseshoe Bay rents bareboat or guided charters, and may supply fishing gear if you want to go on your own. It is convenient to several good fishing areas in Howe Sound. See http://www.sewellsmarina.com/

I guess we should rent a car in Vancouver, then? It seems that the $45.00 cab fee from airport to hotel, and then driving out to Horseshoe Bay would warrant that cost... I'd probably go out and hike the Grouse Grind while my husband fishes...

• 4 weeks later...
Another Question!

How about Halibut Fishing? We could book an overnighter... does anyone know a reputable fisherman?

No Halibut around Vancouver. Salmon and mudsharks (Dogfish)!

We have got halibut at Campbell River on Vancouver Island, and anywhere on the West coast of Vancouver Island (Tofino). Huge halibut up north in the Queen Charlotte's, but in Vancouver you'll have to settle for Salmon. If you hit it right, a charter can get you Salmon right off Stanley park at the Mouth of the Capilano River -- they spawn up the cap. at the hatchery. This would allow you more fishing time and less traveling too and from the other fishing areas!

Good luck and tight lines!

Archived