Transfer my booking to TA? Or not? Need advice!

belle2

if you transfer to travel agent, everything you do will have to be through that travel agent. that includes changes in pricing ( lets hope she is opened on weekends or late evenings should you need to get in that price drop form) eetc.

i NEVER use a travel agent, though i only ever did once.. carnival wont look at your booking at all, and i learned my lesson... a room i wanted came available and i called carnival to change ( it was one of the huge OV rooms with two windows, basically two rooms in one but they cut out for the stairway) needless to say... carnival could do nothing, and travel agent wasnt available till Monday.. i never got the room

had i booked with carnival directly, wouldnt had been an issue

She is a close friend that I can contact anytime. It would just be me doing her a favor. But not sure I feel like giving up control. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think the only reason anyone would use a TA would be for a perk if they're giving them. Such as OBC or something like that. Personally my family would never use a TA. We're younger and perfectly capable of making our own reservations online and like having full control over our vacation without involving a middleman.

I booked a carnival cruise yesterday. Am I able to transfer it to my TA? If I do will I have to go through her to change dining times, order fun shops items, etc or can I still do it through the website?

You have to go through your TA for everything connected to your booking. That includes changing cabins, sailing dates, payments for the sailing, pre-paying gratuities and price adjustments.

The particular things you questioned you can continue to do yourself through Manage My Cruise on the Carnival website. That includes on-line check-in, choosing dining assignment and check-in time and bed arrangement, booking excursions including FTTF, making speciality dining and spa reservations, and purchases from the Fun Shops.

Find out how much obc the TA can get you. We used to book with a PVP then found out you can get the extra OBC with a TA. Now we typically save around 10% per interior room via obc. I think about it as getting 1 free cruise for every 10 or so cruises simply for booking with TA.

I always use Internet based Travel Agencies...Always cheaper than cruiseline direct (Give more OBC). Have never talked by phone to any of them in my 20+ years of booking. Always receive same day responses to my emails in the event I need a change or questions clarified. I don't need my hand held...I know the ins/outs..... Its great to monitor availability online...compare prices online and then when your confident you have the best deal...Just hit that button