Speciality dining

Smurf2017

For the first time, we have booked a speciality dining package for our upcoming cruise.

How do the restaurants know that we have the package? Is it coded on our key card or should I print something off from our booking?

Yes, it is in the number code on your cruise card. You have to make reservations onboard.

On the Divina none of the SRs were every busy at 6 -7pm. In fact, out of the six times we very seledom had anyone else in the SR. Most people tend to eat late. We like to eat early and then go to the show.

Show times are 7 & ( PM

For the first time, we have booked a speciality dining package for our upcoming cruise.

How do the restaurants know that we have the package? Is it coded on our key card or should I print something off from our booking?

Always print everything with MSC.

• 1 month later...

I sailed March 24, 2018 on MSC Seaside and did the specialty dining ($69 pp for all 3 Asian Market, Ocean Cay, Butcher’s Cut / tip included). One needs to book the specialty restaurants once you get on board. We waited too long and did not get the times we wanted. So, my advice is to book all three ASAP once you are onboard.

Note: twice they messed up our reservations (wrong date, wrong time). A couple who entered the restaurant ahead of us had a mix-up too. So.... do check your MSC app right away after booking to double-check that the dates and time are correct. It shows up pretty much right away onto the MSC app. So don't walk away from the person doing the booking for you until you see it correct on your app.:o:o:o :o:o:o

BTW: I really enjoyed the specialty dining. Nice change, and all 3 felt upscale, and all 3 times we were seated next to a window.

Edited by joanneTravels
unnecessary symbols

I sailed March 24, 2018 on MSC Seaside and did the specialty dining ($69 pp for all 3 Asian Market, Ocean Cay, Butcher’s Cut / tip included). One needs to book the specialty restaurants once you get on board. We waited too long and did not get the times we wanted. So, my advice is to book all three ASAP once you are onboard.

Note: twice they messed up our reservations (wrong date, wrong time). A couple who entered the restaurant ahead of us had a mix-up too. So.... do check your MSC app right away after booking to double-check that the dates and time are correct. It shows up pretty much right away onto the MSC app. So don't walk away from the person doing the booking for you until you see it correct on your app.:o:o:o :o:o:o

BTW: I really enjoyed the specialty dining. Nice change, and all 3 felt upscale, and all 3 times we were seated next to a window.

Hi. Is it true that there is a special menu for the package? Or can you order from the restaurant menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello. Yes, it is true that there is a special menu for the package. I took a photo of the special menu for Asian Market and Butcher's Cut (I attached it here for you). The Ocean Cay Menu was a long fold out, so I didn't bother. Sorry.

The Dining Experience is $35 at Asian Market if purchased on board.

The Dining Experience is $39 at Butcher's Cut if purchased on board.

These 3 specialty restaurants were $69 in total per person if purchased prior to sailing. No additional monies were charged on board.

If you have purchased the Dining Experience package, you are entitled to 3 dishes of your choice from the Dining Experience menu. Other items from the a la carte menu are 50% off. You can also order any additional dish at full price (see attached menus).

Menu_AsianMarket.jpg.be446db670e0eefb6abb279cf2057157.jpg

menu_Butchers.jpg.b4f8be38558a4e4b7a69d7239ebcec02.jpg

To add to the post above.. the dining experience menus state that you are entitled to 3 dishes of your choice from the menu. The menus are broken out into 3 sections, apps, entrees and desserts.

Each time we went to order the waiter tried to tell us that we could have one from each. The menu doesn't say this. We never wanted dessert so we always got 2 apps and an entree. Each time we were given a bit of grief and twice the waiter had to check with someone, but we were allowed to do it.

I never tried to push the issue and get 2 entrees, as the apps were typically better than the entrees.

I mentioned to them that if they wanted you to have 1 item from each category, they should indicate that on the menu.

Oh, the crab selection app in Ocean Cay is amazing.