Krazy Lobster Directions

CruisinDawn

Easiest way to get to the Krazy Lobster is to take a cab ($2) Go outside the port gate (through the parking lot) walk about a block, and there is a cab stand on the right side of the road. Tell them where you want to go, and you're on your way... When you are ready to leave, there is a cab stand right next to the Krazy Lobster, you'll be back at the port ion about 5 minutes...

2nd easiest way(least amount of walking) is to catch the tram at the port parking lot. Get off at second stop. Calle Rubia/ Hotel Mahahual. Walk to the malecon Rigth if at Rubia, Left if at Hotel Mahahual. Can't miss it Huge Banners -KRAZY LOBSTER-- in red. Grab cab for return as Sid 9169 says. Do NOT get off at first tram stop. You will have to endure endless lounger hawkers who will pester you to death and tell you Krazy Lobster is out of business or that they're a second branch of Krazy Lobster. Plus it's further to walk that walking from the cruise port parking lot tot he taxi stand out side the gates.

We were in Costa Maya 2 weeks ago. When we arrived at the first tram stop a salesperson came to the trolley to announce the specials at Krazy Lobster. I don't know if this is always going to happen but it made it easy since they were directing people to their establishment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DH and I spent the day at Krazy Lobster last month. We had the best time!! Food was superb. I got the shrimp tacos, 20 plus shrimp on each of 3 tacos for $8., $1 bottles of Corona minis or buckets of beer (small 8 or 10oz) $5/bucket with limes, best guac ever, plate full for $5. Atmosphere, priceless....awesome day, awesome servers, lovely locals peddling their wares, not pushy, just friendly, can't wait to go back in December!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, rookie question: are kids welcomed/allowed? Is there anything that may be of interest to them there?

We have excursions planned for other POCs so Costa Maya we had planned to be a less structured day. Totally sold on the massages & good guac, so long as the kids are allowed in!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Hi, rookie question: are kids welcomed/allowed? Is there anything that may be of interest to them there?

We have excursions planned for other POCs so Costa Maya we had planned to be a less structured day. Totally sold on the massages & good guac, so long as the kids are allowed in!

Kids are totally allowed, it's just a restaurant on the beach. Not fancy, kind of laid back and tropical. You can sit at picnic tables or lounge chairs and they'll bring you drinks and food and the kids can play in the ocean or sand while you sit back and relax.. If you google them and look up their website you can look at pics of the place and get a better idea. It's really a lovely place!

Kids are totally allowed, it's just a restaurant on the beach. Not fancy, kind of laid back and tropical. You can sit at picnic tables or lounge chairs and they'll bring you drinks and food and the kids can play in the ocean or sand while you sit back and relax.. If you google them and look up their website you can look at pics of the place and get a better idea. It's really a lovely place!

Thanks so much for the info. It's going in my sacred book of trip planning! It was the guac that sold it if I'm being honest :')

• 4 weeks later...