Just booked my first RC cruise

Hello!

My first cruise was on the Norwegian Epic. Next three cruises were on Carnival Pride. I just booked a 9 day cruise on the grandeur of the seas.

Please let me know if you have any tips/suggestions/ important things to know for my first time on RC.

I just bought the drink package too because I saw it was $39 per person per day right now.

Thank you!

Hello!

My first cruise was on the Norwegian Epic. Next three cruises were on Carnival Pride. I just booked a 9 day cruise on the grandeur of the seas.

Please let me know if you have any tips/suggestions/ important things to know for my first time on RC.

I just bought the drink package too because I saw it was $39 per person per day right now.

Thank you!

The Grandeur is a great ship for live music. It’s smaller than most other RC ships, but I think it has a really special character to it.

Which 9 nighter are you doing? We did the Bermuda 9 night last summer and had a great time in all the ports. We’re doing the Canada/New England 9 nighter next year.

I’ve never done carnival, so I can’t tell you how they compare. I did NCL once as a kid, but don’t remember it all that well. A cruise is a cruise in my book! The only reason we’ve stuck with one line is to rack up the loyalty program rewards. (We can’t cruise too often due to my work schedule). Hope you have as good a time as we did!

The Grandeur is a great ship for live music. It’s smaller than most other RC ships, but I think it has a really special character to it.

Which 9 nighter are you doing? We did the Bermuda 9 night last summer and had a great time in all the ports. We’re doing the Canada/New England 9 nighter next year.

I’ve never done carnival, so I can’t tell you how they compare. I did NCL once as a kid, but don’t remember it all that well. A cruise is a cruise in my book! The only reason we’ve stuck with one line is to rack up the loyalty program rewards. (We can’t cruise too often due to my work schedule). Hope you have as good a time as we did!

We are doing the Bermuda one! Any suggestions for excursions or things you loved at the ports?

We are doing the Bermuda one! Any suggestions for excursions or things you loved at the ports?

We went to the Bermuda Maritime museum. If you like history and an awesome view of the ship/ the ocean, it’s worth it. We ended up staying on the ship the second day in Bermuda. We wanted to take the ferry across to see the rest of the island, but it was a Sunday and the ferry times were very limited and it just didn’t work with the departure schedule.

We did a chocolate factory tour in Nassau. It was fun, but only worth the money because we got it for a huge discount. (Less than half of what it was listed at when I first saw it).

Our cruise was able to stop at Coco Cay, which I guess is hit or miss, but we spent that entire day on the beach. My dad reserved a cabana so we had a smaller more private area of the beach with a smaller and better selection for the included buffet. Since you went with the drink package, just know that you can use it on Coco Cay too since it’s their private island. We didn’t do the alcohol package, but were able to get soda with our soda package, no problem.

Hello!

Thank you!

I don't usually buy drinks packages but that looks like a really good deal. Break even point is 3-4 drinks per day. Does it include cocktails, fruit juices and speciality coffee?

I don't usually buy drinks packages but that looks like a really good deal. Break even point is 3-4 drinks per day. Does it include cocktails, fruit juices and speciality coffee?

Yes, but the fruit juices might be limited to fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast. Also includes still and sparking bottled water.

We have sailed the Grandeur twice, 6 day Bermuda and 8 day NE/Canada. I like so many things about this ship especially the staff. I like that the Centrum is such a happening place. There is always something going on. There is just a good vibe to the ship. Of all our cruises, these are two of my favorites. I have reviews posted and/or I’ll try to answer any questions. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Bermuda, the first afternoon we walked from the ship to the Sea Glass Beach. Interesting place—we swam and hung out for a while. Uncrowded, beautiful. Someone posted very detailed directions on how to get there. It wasn’t hard.

On our second day we took the ferry to St. George, explored there, then took the bus back stopping at places along the way including the Swizzle Inn and the pink sand beach.

Our last morning we did a ship’s tour because we had to be onboard by 11:30am. I believe it was called Bermuda Triangle Shipwreck Tour. We enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums