Naples / Pompei May1st

seemoreroyals

So far EC you are right. It's been about 3 hours since I sent the email and no response. In fairness to them I sent it about 2:40 pm my time and with the time zone difference I sent it at about 8:40 pm on a Sat night their time if my math is correct. I really wasn't expecting to hear anything until some time on Monday but I was hoping that they would surprise me.

So far EC you are right. It's been about 3 hours since I sent the email and no response. In fairness to them I sent it about 2:40 pm my time and with the time zone difference I sent it at about 8:40 pm on a Sat night their time if my math is correct. I really wasn't expecting to hear anything until some time on Monday but I was hoping that they would surprise me.

LOL -- I'd be VERY surprised if you heard anything before Monday.

LOL -- I'd be VERY surprised if you heard anything before Monday.

Well they surprised me but not in a good way. What they said was that the excavations of Pompei will be closed on May 1st unless the management decides a special opening. The email I received from them also went on to say that these special openings happen often but are decided just a few days before.

Looks like it is back to the DIY trip with a ferry ride to Sorrento and then a bus to the Amalfi coast. I have requested that they let me know as soon as it is decided but spending a little extra time in Sorrento and the Amalfi coast can't be a bad way to spend the day in Naples.

Well they surprised me but not in a good way. What they said was that the excavations of Pompei will be closed on May 1st unless the management decides a special opening. The email I received from them also went on to say that these special openings happen often but are decided just a few days before.
As I said, that is how is has been handled the last several years, just a day or two advance notice.