suites with jacuzzi outside on deck

melika091900

I saw an ad on this online site, and it showed holland america cruises

and there was a picture of a stateroom with a huge deck and and outside hotub.

do all of HAL's ships have this ? or just one? anyone know which one? and what category

i was trying to check that out, it looked so relaxing

thanks & happy holidays

Vista Class ships (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and soon to be added to the fleet, Noordam) have hot tubs on the veranda of their Penthouse Suites.

Also PRINSENDAM.... for the 'exclusive' use of the 20 or so passengers who reside on the after end of Promenade Deck.

I think this is a big plus for those few cabins.

Stephen

Krazy Kruizer - Got into the HAL web site and pull up the Prinsendam deck plans -then the Promenade Deck and in the rear it shows 10 rooms that get

to use that whirlpool. We had one of the room reserved for the Orinaca Cruise that HAL canceled. We are now booked on another HAL cruise. But hope someday to get back on the Prinsendam. We just love that ship. Penny

Krazy Kruizer - Got into the HAL web site and pull up the Prinsendam deck plans -then the Promenade Deck and in the rear it shows 10 rooms that get

to use that whirlpool. We had one of the room reserved for the Orinaca Cruise that HAL canceled. We are now booked on another HAL cruise. But hope someday to get back on the Prinsendam. We just love that ship. Penny

Penny,

Yes, we love her too! In many ways she is like the old ROTTERDAM. Perfect size.. especially for longer cruises... heck... she is the perfect size for any cruise!!!!

I wish that area where the ten cabins are had been left as the Midnight Sun Lounge but the conversion by HAL was very sympathetic and I think has created a nice area. I don't think the enclosures for the two middle cabins works so well.... perhaps those two cabins should become a small lounge and coffee area for the other eight cabins. Now THAt would be exclusive! :)

Happy Christmas!

Stephen

Stephen--

Doesnt' Prinsendam's Penthouse also have a jacuzzi on its private verandah?

Brian,

Nope. The bath is on the verandah! The bathroom for the PH extends out to the ships side and the bath is at the very outside of the space. Strange layout but I guess it works.

Stephen

Toward the end of the 2005 Grand World Voyage, I was told that the deck and jacuzzi aft of that group of ten cabins would no longer be exclusive. There are stairs to the decks above and below that had to be roped off to limit the access and there was quite a bit of negative feedback about those 10 cabins having an amenity that wasn't available to other cabins in the same category. Perhaps someone that has been on Prinsendam after the GWV ended could comment as to whether the ropes were removed.

I think it would still be less used than the other jacuzzis. There are many passengers that never find that area below the aft pool.

We were on the Prinsendam last Christmas in one of the A Cat cabins on this deck. These are the best kept secret and we found the rear deck and jacuzzi to be just wonderful. Kind of like being on a private yacht, but more amenities. On Christmas Eve day we were in St John, VI and swimming at Caneel Bay. When we pulled out of St John we were in that Jacuzzi and sipping Champagne while watching the sun set. Really miss not being there this year, but we just booked the Noordam for next Christmas and have something to look forward to. They were adamant that only those 10 cabins had access to that rear deck and hot tub. Everytime someone would sit down it seemed like security would show up and ask if they were on that deck. If not, they were asked to go down one level to the aft pool. But, I can attest to their being wonderful, especially the end cabins which I think are now classified as AA. Merry Christmas to all.

Archived