First time on NCL - Spirit out of Barcelona - Grateful for any advice!

workingtocruise-59

:)Have a great time!

Thank you! I am sure we will!

Many thanks for the photos of your stateroom.

We don't have a balcony but I would think that the layout would be the same for most of the cabins?

Everything looks in good condition and well-maintained which is reassuring. I had seen some other photos where the bathroom didn't look very appealing!

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Just a quick question..

Where and at what times will we be able to listen to live music ?

We have only just made our speciality dining reservations (and there was only late dining available) so, on some evenings, we will be looking for a bar with music around about 7pm (before the early show), 8.15pm (after the show and before dinner) and after dinner (10.30pm?)

Many thanks

Just a quick question..

Where and at what times will we be able to listen to live music ?

We have only just made our speciality dining reservations (and there was only late dining available) so, on some evenings, we will be looking for a bar with music around about 7pm (before the early show), 8.15pm (after the show and before dinner) and after dinner (10.30pm?)

Many thanks

You will have no problem. Most venues start entertainment at 6:30 and go well after midnight. You may also be able to change your times to earlier for dinner once on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will have no problem. Most venues start entertainment at 6:30 and go well after midnight. You may also be able to change your times to earlier for dinner once on board.

Gosh! Thank you for the very quick reply!

We do tend to eat late but were hoping for 8.30ish and could only book 9pm for all the nights.

We have been used to smaller ships where it is often a case of "Hunt the live music"!

The Spirit has always had (in our experience) a guitarist who plays in various locations. Principally in Champagne Charlie’s it Henry’s Pub, although he turns up elsewhere. The last couple of times it has been a guy called Jefferson, who a really nice guy, as well as being a good guitarist.

There are also other musicians around. I seem to recall pianists and a small band on one occasion (although I do get a bit mixed up between ships).

They aren’t too hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do tend to eat late but were hoping for 8.30ish and could only book 9pm for all the nights.

We have been used to smaller ships where it is often a case of "Hunt the live music"!

You will find almost always in Champagne Charlie's in the evening as well as Henry's Pub......sometimes there is music in the atrium or Galaxy as well. We would float until we found something that struck a fancy with us.

Have not seen you on the roll call yet there are spaces on a nice trip from Cannes to Nice-Eze & Monte Carlo also nice tour in Kotor just 3 spaces left on each.

John

Have not seen you on the roll call yet there are spaces on a nice trip from Cannes to Nice-Eze & Monte Carlo also nice tour in Kotor just 3 spaces left on each.

John

I'm confused. The OP is going in March, which means it will be a Canary Isles cruise (unless something has happened to that particular itinerary). It shouldn't go anywhere near Cannes or Kotor.

Looking at older posts it seems you are both on the 15th March sailing.

Has that itinerary changed? I certainly hope it won't be all the way over at Kotor, as it needs to be back in Barcelona on the 25th to pick me up. :)

I'm confused. The OP is going in March, which means it will be a Canary Isles cruise (unless something has happened to that particular itinerary). It shouldn't go anywhere near Cannes or Kotor.

Looking at older posts it seems you are both on the 15th March sailing.

Has that itinerary changed? I certainly hope it won't be all the way over at Kotor, as it needs to be back in Barcelona on the 25th to pick me up. :)

Hi Keith you passed the test, no prize, it’s called old age confusion.

Happy Easter.

John

Sent from my iPad using Forums

John

Hi

Unless there have been some drastic changes to our itinerary we don't go to Cannes or Kotor! ( though both are wonderful places to visit).

Was this intended for another roll call?

Look forward to meeting you on Barcelona to Barcelona leaving on March 15 2018.

Thank you!

We were hoping to wait and book a Speciality restaurant package once on board to use our OBC ( it isn't very much!)..

Do you think we should book online and in advance.. we don't know what else we would use the OBC for?

We used the onboard credit to buy pictures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the 2017/2018 Christmas & New Year Spirit Cruise and booked four Speciality restaurants in advance of leaving.

When we arrived at the French restaurant on our first sea day they didn't have reservations and on checking we didn't have any reservations for the other two nights at Bistro. We then had to slot in with the remaining availability. My advice is, as soon as you get on board check at guest relations that they have your booking.

We were on the 2017/2018 Christmas & New Year Spirit Cruise and booked four Speciality restaurants in advance of leaving.

When we arrived at the French restaurant on our first sea day they didn't have reservations and on checking we didn't have any reservations for the other two nights at Bistro. We then had to slot in with the remaining availability. My advice is, as soon as you get on board check at guest relations that they have your booking.

Hello

Many thanks for this.

We will print out our reservations and check once we are on board.

I always do two things:

Take a printed confirmation of the bookings I have made.

I go to the reservation desk when it is free and ask for them to print off all our reservations. They give you a slip for each one. There was a time a while ago where some bookings were moved by 30 minutes, for example, so it is worth checking that they have all transferred to the ship ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk