Price drop / Price protection form

waterwatcher

Not sure how this works exactly. I never seem to get a better price in all the bookings I have made. I used to check the Carnival Fare Viewer but it looks like that is offline now. How do you check pricing. I have booked four cabins using the "Early Saver" and see better pricing on OV cabins but not in my category.

Should a good TA track this for you?

I just go to Carnival's homepage and go through the steps to book the cruise I'm taking and check the cruise rate at the end and compare to the rate that I booked. If the rate is lower I apply for a credit using the price protection form. If credit is due you will be notified shortly by Carnival. The link to the Price Protection page is below. If you use a TA they should do this for you.

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/PriceProtection

I saw a small price drop today and filled out the Price Protection Form. I was approved for OBC since my cruise is paid in full. Check your cruise for price drops.

Good idea! I managed to get $10 before my category sold out two weeks ago. Now all I have left is wondering if the upgrade wizard will call. ;p

I used a travel agent. Periodically, I do as chf1953 suggested to check the cruise price for my stateroom category. If it’s lower, I call her and she calls Carnival. Were I to book again, I would definitely book directly through Carnival even though I am getting bonus hotel points due to the hotel loyalty website I booked through. If you have a travel agent, even if you’ve paid in full, Carnival won’t discuss price reductions with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful if you booked with a reduced deposit.

Last week of February I submitted a price protection form as the fare had dropped $90 and they were offering $50 OBC. I booked on a reduced deposit of $400. (normal deposit was $800)

I received my $90 reduction and $50 OBC. I also received a notice saying I had to make a deposit of $400.

I logged in to mycruisemanager and saw that while my original $400 was paid, it indicated I had to submit another $400. No big deal, it said I had until March 10th to pay.

I logged in start of March and my cruise was gone. I called and got things straightened out, no worries.

What I missed was the "call to action" email I received but didnt read closely that said I had 2 business days to make the additional deposit. Mycruisemanager said 14 days.

100% my fault but be aware.

Be careful if you booked with a reduced deposit.

Last week of February I submitted a price protection form as the fare had dropped $90 and they were offering $50 OBC. I booked on a reduced deposit of $400. (normal deposit was $800)

I received my $90 reduction and $50 OBC. I also received a notice saying I had to make a deposit of $400.

I logged in to mycruisemanager and saw that while my original $400 was paid, it indicated I had to submit another $400. No big deal, it said I had until March 10th to pay.

I logged in start of March and my cruise was gone. I called and got things straightened out, no worries.

What I missed was the "call to action" email I received but didnt read closely that said I had 2 business days to make the additional deposit. Mycruisemanager said 14 days.

100% my fault but be aware.

I thought this too. I booked my sailing for next year on ES rate with the $50 deposit. There was a price drop so I submitted the form myself. Within 10 minutes I got the email stating I was approved and had gotten the reduced fare + OBC. It did show a deposit was due by a certain date. I emailed my PVP about it and she checked into it. She said that when you change it yourself, it keeps the lower deposit. So I was able to get the sailing with the ES rate, got the price drop + OBC and kept the same deposit.

I filled out the form and they responded back saying that my TA has to do it. They did not confirm that I was even eligible.

If you book through a TA then Carnival cannot do anything for you. Everything has to go through the TA.