Chops Grille Lunch

yankees111

We will be first time cruisers on Royal's Harmony of the Seas. We have sailed on Carnival, but these pay for restaurants are confusing to me. Do they all cost money for lunch and dinner? I was assuming most would only be open for dinner and not lunch.

We will be first time cruisers on Royal's Harmony of the Seas. We have sailed on Carnival, but these pay for restaurants are confusing to me. Do they all cost money for lunch and dinner? I was assuming most would only be open for dinner and not lunch.

Only some are open for lunch. RC has been adding more lunch options recently. I think that it's part of their desire to expand the use of the Ultimate Dining Package, which includes specialty restaurants every night and lunch on sea days.

When we sailed it, a year ago, you could buy a dining package of your choice of 3 of the “specialty” restaurants. We ate at Chops and two nights at Jamie’s Italian. Great meals. Enjoy this ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had lunch at Chops on Allure. It cost around $20. It seemed to be available only on sea days...We are going on a September cruise on Anthem and the same cost and sea days are available.

Is embarkation day classed as a sea day then? I.e you can eat in speciality restaurant for lunch if you have the ultimate dining package?

Some ships have some specialty restaurants open for lunch on embarkation day, many don't.

We're eating lunch in Chops on GR in April on boarding day. We'll wear what we usually wear to board out of Baltimore, blue jeans and tennis shoes and some kind of shirt. Dress code is much more lax on boarding day and at lunch.

I booked it a few days ago when there was a sale so it was $17.60/person. On a ship the size of GR, there are only a couple of other options for boarding day lunch. This avoids the pain of WJ and lack of choice in Park Cafe. Plus, we've been on GR like 6 times so we don't really have to explore anything. We'll eat a leisurely lunch and by the time we're done rooms will have been open for a bit.

We're eating lunch in Chops on GR in April on boarding day. We'll wear what we usually wear to board out of Baltimore, blue jeans and tennis shoes and some kind of shirt. Dress code is much more lax on boarding day and at lunch.

I booked it a few days ago when there was a sale so it was $17.60/person. On a ship the size of GR, there are only a couple of other options for boarding day lunch. This avoids the pain of WJ and lack of choice in Park Cafe. Plus, we've been on GR like 6 times so we don't really have to explore anything. We'll eat a leisurely lunch and by the time we're done rooms will have been open for a bit.

and then it's nap time. :D

and then it's nap time. :D

At least we have late seating for dinner. The lunch menu is a lot smaller than the dinner one though.

Hopefully we'll be unpacking right after lunch. With any luck our luggage will be there.

I wonder how many ships do offer lunch in Chops on boarding day. I know the larger ships have more venues open than smaller ones, including specialty.