what to do in Seward on day of train ride....

Bossladyn

we are cruising Vancouver to Seward in July. I was planning on three nights in Seward. First day off cruise check into hotel, relax In town and take a tour to exit glacier. Day two will be fishing and third day is major marine 7.5 hr tour. 4th day till time for the train I’m unsure. Not sure if should see sled dogs or do a zipline or go to the sea life center? I’ll be with my husband, kids 6 and 15 and my parents, 72 and 84 and we can split up. We were not planning on renting a car. It seemed we could do all without one. Does that seem reasonable?

Also any restaurant suggestions would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Seems reasonable to me. What you plan to do on day 4 may depend on the weather. On a clear day Seward is stunningly beautiful, but we have also been there when it has been cool, rainy and breezy (i.e., a good day for the SeaLife Center).

In terms of restaurant recommendations, which hotel have you booked?

We spent several days in Seward and found lots of things to do, from searching out the beautiful murals around town, to visiting the SeaLife Center, to going to Exit Glacier. We also took a boat trip into Kenai Fjords.

I wrote about our stay in my blog ... here’s the link for the first post: http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2010/08/seward-exploring-downtown.html. You can then navigate by clicking newer post or going to the archive (all in August 2010 archive).

Highly recommend Ididaride sled dog experience at Mitch Seavey's. Great experience there. They will pick you up in town, take you there, and return you to town. We also enjoyed the Sea Life Center, but if you've been to an aquarium, you've been to the Sea Life Center. How many times will you get to say you helped train the dogs that won the Iditarod? Right. Sled dogs all the way.