crazy door sign?

SanFranCruzer

We always decorate our door with whatever theme fits the occasion...Sweet 16 Birthday cruise, Family reunion cruise , Thanksgiving ....maybe because we have always traveled with our kids since they were little and always loved to craft, it is fun to see what people come up with and /or are celebrating. Also in a long hall, for folks directionally challenged like myself, it always helps me find my "home". Enjoy being creative and if he feels like the Captain.....so be it for 5 or 7 days !!:)

We put a sign up (at least a sign, we've also decorated our door) - a few we've done:

On our Alaska cruise we made a sign with beach chairs and the turquoise ocean that read Hawaii or Bust

For our friend's 70th birthday we had Warning: Geezer Crossing

On a Caribbean cruise we had: Don't Worry, We're With the Band

Decorated doors were for my husband's graduation for his doctorate, which we included a card for fellow passengers to write their congratulations (he received many really nice sentiments); a Halloween theme; and an Earth Day theme.

I know there are some who don't like the door decorating, and to each their own. We enjoy doing it and we enjoy seeing how others decorate.

I was thinking once to create a 'window' that makes it look like you're seeing directly into the cabin.

Enjoy being creative OP.

Have you ever used the printable magnet paper for door decorations? I have used them before on a Disney cruise, but I remember reading somewhere on here that the Carnival stateroom doors need a really strong magnet. Worried it won't stay up!

We were on the Elation a few weeks ago. We tried some flexible adhesive magnets on the back of our decorations. It wouldn't even try to stick. I don't know if the new doors don't have enough metal in them or if the magnets were just too weak. None of our hooks, etc., would stick inside the cabin, either.

Just be sure not to put anything on your door of value to you.

Sometimes, magnets, etc. on your cabin door do "walk away". ;p

I bought Happy Thanksgiving signs for our door and our son's door. The one on his door walked away and appeared on a door on the other side of the ship. We just re-claimed it and put it INSIDE the cabin!