Public handicap bathrooms on Coral/Island

Tinknock50

Are there any unisex handicap bathrooms in public areas on the Coral or Island ? I like to assist my Mom, but being a man I would have to take her into the mens room to use handicap there. I was hoping there were single stall public bathrooms withraised toilets somewhere on the ship.

Are there any unisex handicap bathrooms in public areas on the Coral or Island ? I like to assist my Mom, but being a man I would have to take her into the mens room to use handicap there. I was hoping there were single stall public bathrooms withraised toilets somewhere on the ship.

Also want to ask if there are private handicap showers in the gym area.

Sorry, but I don't recall ANY unisex bathrooms on any ship I have ever sailed on. :( You might consider getting a stateroom that is centrally located so a trip back there when needed will work.

They do on some Celebrity ships. I know because I took my Mom into one. ( I think on the Mercury)

I am a newbie to Princess, so I have no idea what their ships are like.

I would not give up hope. There are bathrooms on the ship (sorry, I don't remember the Coral or Island Princess specifically) that are designated for "Women" or for "Men" but they are individual bathrooms verses a restroom with many stalls - this would probably work. I believe I have also seem them as handicapped cabins. I remember seeing them on the Sun Princess this summer - because they were keeping all the bathroom doors open due to a norovirus situation and I was thinking that that bathroom was useless because no one was going to go in there because there was not a stall. My mom is visually impaired and has a dog and she always is looking for the larger bathrooms and I remember the ships we have been on having some handicapped bathrooms that are marked "male" or "female" that are larger and are set aside (individual - so you could both go in there) from the rest of the bathrooms that will probably work. I am sorry, I don't remember the Coral Princess. I would post a message on the "disabled section" of CC - you will probably get a answer over there.

I think Coral is right, and that I saw the large individual bathrooms marked with gender, rather than just a unisex one with the male and female icon on the door. They were large, and individual, so you could assist your Mom. The "Disabled Cruise Travel"board would be a good place to ask this question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

If the link doesn't work, that board is posted under Special Interest on the main Cruise Critic Forum site.

I don't know about Princess ships I'm sorry to say even though I have been on they Star. But, on the Carnival Liberty they have many of them. I rember because a co-cruser we spent alot of time keep using them as they are larger and it iritated me that she, an able body person, keep using them and tying them up.

No unisex accessible bathrooms on the Island, but when my dad used to help my mother (before I started cruising with them), he would just stick his head in the women's bathroom and announce "Man accompanying a woman in the accessible toilet)" and then go in. Never had any problems. All the public restrooms on the Island have individual stalls that are very private, and I never saw any women near the sink in any situation where a man would not be fine in the same area. They always used the ladies as it was usually cleaner, and had more stalls (urinals are not much help!).

By the way, in my state (CA), by law, an opposit sex assistant is allowed in any public restroom to assist a person with a disability.

No unisex accessible bathrooms on the Island, but when my dad used to help my mother (before I started cruising with them), he would just stick his head in the women's bathroom and announce "Man accompanying a woman in the accessible toilet)" and then go in. Never had any problems. All the public restrooms on the Island have individual stalls that are very private, and I never saw any women near the sink in any situation where a man would not be fine in the same area. They always used the ladies as it was usually cleaner, and had more stalls (urinals are not much help!).

By the way, in my state (CA), by law, an opposit sex assistant is allowed in any public restroom to assist a person with a disability.

I've done that before with my Mom......but I didn't like the shocked look on a womans face when she walked in when I was already in there.

Where were the restrooms with handicap stalls? I don't imagine they all had them.

Archived