Specialty Dining at lunch aboard the Equinox??

bluecruisin

Does someone know if any of the spec. dining options serve lunch and if a lunch can be used as a meal in the 5 night specialty dining plan? Thanks

Yes (on a sea day) and Yes (although the reduced menu - for example in Murano - would not provide as much value as the regular dinner menu.)

I believe you can also use the package with Sushi on 5 for the lunch on any day - although again not as much value as a regular dinner in some other specialty restaurant.

• 6 months later...
What are the current prices of lunch on sea days on Equinox at the specialty restaurants? The only buzz kill is that you have to be nicely put together relatively for lunch which could be trying based on your chosen activities in the middle of your daytime...

On Equinox this month on the Eastern tripw/3 sea days Tuscan and Murano were each open once for lunch. Tuscan was a buffet, didn't partake. Murano was $25 with a different, smaller menu, and was fabulous!

My experience was that the fee for lunch in specialty dining was around $20 or $25 for Tuscan Grille and Murano. In my opinion, very affordable to pay out of pocket (or with extra OBC). As other posters have commented, I would not use my dining package to cover a meal at lunch time.

Sailed Equinox in April and went to Tuscan Grill"s lunch. We were disappointed, it was a buffet not a regular menu as in the past. We used one of our package dinners.

That's disappointing, and good to know. Remember the costs? I wonder if all the specialties that do the lunch do a buffet?

Bump

Please see post #6 in which it is stated that lunch in Murano was based upon an abbreviated menu rather than the buffet mentioned in Tuscan Grille... In my experience--including on Equinox--the service format for lunch in the Specialty Restaurants can vary by ship and/or sailing date at the discretion of the Food & Beverage Manager, the Chef, and/or the Maitre 'D in each of those venues...

Once aboard, suggest you inquire as to what is being offered--and price [as noted, it's usually in the $20-$25 range]--during your sailing... It varies...

Please see post #6 in which it is stated that lunch in Murano was based upon an abbreviated menu rather than the buffet mentioned in Tuscan Grille... In my experience--including on Equinox--the service format for lunch in the Specialty Restaurants can vary by ship and/or sailing date at the discretion of the Food & Beverage Manager, the Chef, and the Maitre 'D in each of those venues...

Once aboard, suggest you inquire; it varies...

Interesting, wish they’d consider one for embarkation lunch. I’d def be interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's disappointing, and good to know. Remember the costs? I wonder if all the specialties that do the lunch do a buffet?

The ones we have seen have all been $25. Never seen Murano’s offer a buffet. On Solstice a few years ago they offered a ‘progressive lunch’ one sea day with a starter in Tuscan, mains in Murano’s and desert in Silk Harvest....I don’t know if they still do this, a little more novel and gives you a taste of each venue but I wouldn’t think very relaxing...

Personally, as the speciality restaurants offer less choice than the evening and nothing particularly novel I would skip paying for them at lunch. The other snag is if you eat ‘heavy’ at lunch you have little appetite for the evening....

We often enjoy on sea days either a small portion of Indian selections from the buffet or a made to order sandwich.

Last week the lunch in Murano on the last full day of the cruise was $30 per person.

Tuscan also had a buffet style lunch the day before, not sure the price. Walked thru on the way to the VIP lunch in Blu and there were at least four HUGE tables of food!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

VIP lunch was for AQ only?

High level suites and Zeniths. Probably 30 passengers plus many senior officers. One HUGE table in Blu. Seems to have replaced the senior officer hosted dinners

Interesting. I guess I’ll be happy w my elite lounge and free minutes of internet instead...zenith to me is both freq cruising plus suite purchases

Interesting. I guess I’ll be happy w my elite lounge and free minutes of internet instead...zenith to me is both freq cruising plus suite purchases

It was much easier to accumulate points in the old day (pre 2013) where each cruise was one credit, an extra one for Concierge and above and one more for 12 plus nights. Conversion was 30 points per credit.