Last minute additions

cineroo

We booked a cruise in mid-March on the Allure of the Seas a year in advance for a party of 5. We have My Time Dining but grabbed reservations when they became available online and got all of our show reservations when those became available. Yesterday, my parents decided to join us (their travel plans changed) on our cruise. I am very happy that they are joining us, but of course I can't get show times that match ours for any of the shows. And I know that if I try to add them to our dining reservations that we will not be eating before 9:00 each night (which will not work for them since they eat early normally). I know we can do alternative dining (specialty restaurants, Windjammer, etc) but we all enjoy the dining room. At this point, my thought is to go to the dining room when we get on board to see if we can just add them to our reservation. Anyone done this and been successful or have any feedback? As far as the shows, I am thinking the best bet is to have them show up early for stand by seating for our shows- any other suggestions??

With regard to the shows, there is a "box office" set up on embarkation day which you can use to try to and the new cruisers to the same shows you have. Look at the boarding day compass they give you at check-in, it will show the location of the box office.

With regard to the shows, there is a "box office" set up on embarkation day which you can use to try to and the new cruisers to the same shows you have. Look at the boarding day compass they give you at check-in, it will show the location of the box office.

Thank you - that is good to know! We will try that but wondering if they will only offer the shows that are available online. Hopefully they can help us! I appreciate the information!

Thank you - that is good to know! We will try that but wondering if they will only offer the shows that are available online. Hopefully they can help us! I appreciate the information!

Supposedly a certain percentage of slots are held back from the pre-cruise online booking process so that people can make reservations on board. That's the purpose of the boarding day box office.

Supposedly a certain percentage of slots are held back from the pre-cruise online booking process so that people can make reservations on board. That's the purpose of the boarding day box office.

Agree with Bob's answer, as usual. Have changed booked shows when boarding. Board as early as possible as the line gets long. Dining should not be an issue either if you send someone to make the change while you book the shows. Divide and conquer. Enjoy your cruise.

They need to be put on the wait list for MTD...and once you board, go to the dining room and reiterate that desire. You don't have to eat at 9pm...you don't need reservations at all....but with 7 of you, you will be harder to seat...just like in any restaurant. So, you can re-make dining times once you're on the ship. They rarely have the 7pm timeslot open in advance.