Is thermal suite included in the cost of a massage on Star ?

savannah2117

In the thermal suite there are the heated loungers as well as steam rooms. If you are invited to enjoy the thermal suite, you'll be able to use everything in there.

In my experience on another line where the spa is also run by Steiner, the policy has varied depending on the cruise. For a while, they offered use of their version of the thermal suite at half price with any hands on service. Then they quit that and it was not included at all....and a year or so later, it was offered as a complimentary thing. It wasn't listed that way anywhere, but the person who did the massage would walk you over to it and open the door and invite you to use it. If I were to be there today, I don't know what the policy would be!

I will warn you that there is an automatic 18% tip added to all spa services with a line to add more. A lot of people don't read the receipt and see the line, add a tip. They'll love you for this, and the way the charge slip looks, it is easy to snare people who don't realize that they've already given a very generous tip.

There are showers and a sauna available at no charge in the locker room. These are not part of the thermal suite and there is no charge for them. They are nice showers, but different from those in the thermal suite, and it is a dry sauna, not the steam rooms of the thermal suite.

Again, this info is based on another line, and may not be accurate to your ship. However, each line we have been on has a spa run by Steiner, the specials and prices are all the same, and they all have some version of the "thermal suite" under various names.

We booked a couples massage when we are on the Emerald this July to Alaska. It says that we are welcome to come 30 min early to relax in the thermal suite but that an additional charge may apply. I could see charging guests to get into the Thermal suite but I think if you have booked something with the spa, it should be complimentary

We booked a couples massage when we are on the Emerald this July to Alaska. It says that we are welcome to come 30 min early to relax in the thermal suite but that an additional charge may apply. I could see charging guests to get into the Thermal suite but I think if you have booked something with the spa, it should be complimentary ����

On the other hand, if I've paid for a pass to the thermal suite, I wouldn't like not being able to get a chair because a group of complimentary users have them all. Yes, you can tell the difference because people with paid passes spend a lot longer than 30 minutes. Complimentary users come in and look confused...and then exit when their spa lady comes to get them. At the beginning of the cruise, they do a bit of a hard sell talking about how only a limited number of passes are sold in order that it doesn't get too crowded and everyone can have a good experience, etc. Reality--I've never been refused the ability to pay for a single day when I asked.

I suspect that Princess is covering themselves with the comment about an extra charge MAY apply because they don't know what policy Steiner may have in effect. I just wish that the policy would be more consistent, whatever they decide is the correct way to do it.

We booked a couples massage when we are on the Emerald this July to Alaska. It says that we are welcome to come 30 min early to relax in the thermal suite but that an additional charge may apply. I could see charging guests to get into the Thermal suite but I think if you have booked something with the spa, it should be complimentary ����

We have been on 30 cruises over the last 15 years and I usually have at least one massage (we usually go on cruises of 10-18 days) if not more (cheaper per massage if you have 3 in all). The Thermal Suite is a separate price--you can either get a day pass (I think) or sign up for the whole cruise and use it as often as you like. As there are only 5 or 6 thermal "beds", I would hope pax wouldn't "monopolize" them. I do the TS separate from any massage, usually using it daily and using the 3 different steam-type rooms for about 15 min each and then finishing up with 15 min or more on a thermal bed. But I have often seen people reading while using the thermal beds, which leads me to believe that they spend more time on them than I do. If the thermal suite was complimentary to everyone who got a massage, I think it would be difficult to accommodate everyone who wants to use it and has actually paid to do so.

We have been on 30 cruises over the last 15 years and I usually have at least one massage (we usually go on cruises of 10-18 days) if not more (cheaper per massage if you have 3 in all). The Thermal Suite is a separate price--you can either get a day pass (I think) or sign up for the whole cruise and use it as often as you like. As there are only 5 or 6 thermal "beds", I would hope pax wouldn't "monopolize" them. I do the TS separate from any massage, usually using it daily and using the 3 different steam-type rooms for about 15 min each and then finishing up with 15 min or more on a thermal bed. But I have often seen people reading while using the thermal beds, which leads me to believe that they spend more time on them than I do. If the thermal suite was complimentary to everyone who got a massage, I think it would be difficult to accommodate everyone who wants to use it and has actually paid to do so.

I've read on the heated chairs many times. I honestly don't see how that is any different than people who sit and chat with a friend in the next chair. I do try to be fair and limit my time to about 30 minutes if the chairs are all filled. What really irritates me is people who fall asleep in the heated loungers and can occupy one for hours while they snore.