Mariner OTS Concierge lounge?

swooldri

Understood, but if you click on the March 19, 2018 to May 3, 2019 link you see this modification shown possibly being completed prior to dry dock. This is my point when is this modification going to really be completed. I think during dry dock, but it is not all that clear.

I doubt they will do anything before the Dry Dock. The Concierge lounge was on Deck 9 when we were last on Mariner and I would guess it will be there during our cruise across to Barcelona. I have to say though the Diamond Lounge is much better than the pokey and dark Concierge lounge. Having said that, it is always handy for a quick coffee run in the morning from our Suite.

Normally cabins are prebuilt and then inserted into the ship. I am not sure it that is the case with these add-ins. Even if the are assembled in place It would cause a lot of disruption to do this while the ship was in use by passengers. I believe they will not put in the 4 cabins until drydock.

As for renaming it before drydock. I doubt they would bother renaming it sooner but I also would not be surprised if they limited assess to Suite and Pinnacle only due to what may be a high number of Pinnacles.

If they follow what has been happening on other ships and not have any overflow lounges for evening cocktails both lounges will be insane.

Agree.

The new SL is the new lounge going into a space in the VCL...hence more construction, not just renaming it. I agree, the tear out of the CL on deck nine plus adding the cabins on the inside, plus installing the new SL up on the VCL deck would make sense to be done during the dry dock major overhaul.

The question seems to be when the actual dry dock is taking place. I had heard it was mid May?

Agree.

The new SL is the new lounge going into a space in the VCL...hence more construction, not just renaming it. I agree, the tear out of the CL on deck nine plus adding the cabins on the inside, plus installing the new SL up on the VCL deck would make sense to be done during the dry dock major overhaul.

The question seems to be when the actual dry dock is taking place. I had heard it was mid May?

Yes, I have heard the dry dock will take place in southern Spain (I believe near Cadiz) sometime right after May 7th. Then there will be a non revenue crossing to Florida.

At least this was the last I heard.

Later....Steve

I have been doing some serious research and have concluded that it is very unlikely that the 4 cabins would be put in before the repositioning. It makes no sense since it is a small fraction of the 112 cabins that will be added to the ship.
112 cabins?!? Wow that is a minimum of 224 more passengers with a max of 448 passengers added to the ship. Probably be sailing with about 300 more passengers a cruise. That is a lot of cabins being added.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I have heard the dry dock will take place in southern Spain (I believe near Cadiz) sometime right after May 7th. Then there will be a non revenue crossing to Florida.

Later....Steve

You are correct. Originally the ship was to be drydocked in the Bahamas after May 20th. The TA from Barcelona to Miami was cancelled so the ship could be drydocked in Cadiz a couple weeks earlier. They gave very significant compensation to those that were booked on all three segments of the Global Odyssey starting in Singapore. They we concerned there would be a lot of cancelations. We will be on the 2 remaining legs. We get off in Barcelona on May 7th and they the ship goes to Cadiz. As you mentioned there will be a non revenue crossing to Miami.

112 cabins?!? Wow that is a minimum of 224 more passengers with a max of 448 passengers added to the ship. Probably be sailing with about 300 more passengers a cruise. That is a lot of cabins being added.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Although I did not try to verify it, I heard that during the Liberty drydock there were 250 cabins added.

You are correct. Originally the ship was to be drydocked in the Bahamas after May 20th. The TA from Barcelona to Miami was cancelled so the ship could be drydocked in Cadiz a couple weeks earlier. They gave very significant compensation to those that were booked on all three segments of the Global Odyssey starting in Singapore. They we concerned there would be a lot of cancelations. We will be on the 2 remaining legs. We get off in Barcelona on May 7th and they the ship goes to Cadiz. As you mentioned there will be a non revenue crossing to Miami.

We were also booked on the last 2 legs and we did get nice compensation to keep our Dubai to Barcelona leg. Plus we got free air back home.

I just hope the ship is in good condition as it has been in Asia some time now. And has not had to pass a US inspection for many years.

See ya on board.

Later...Steve

Later....Steve

Makes sense since there seems to be a void in bookings in early May.

We were also booked on the last 2 legs and we did get nice compensation to keep our Dubai to Barcelona leg. Plus we got free air back home.

I just hope the ship is in good condition as it has been in Asia some time now. And has not had to pass a US inspection for many years.

See ya on board.

Later...Steve

Yes also got the free air home from Barcelona saving us the cost of the flight home from Miami.

I expect that there will be some wear and tear but I am not too concerned. I assume there will be a lot seasoned cruises that will flood Bayley's email box if there are any serious problems.

Though I noticed an interesting thing in the listing of the lounge in the advertisements. It lists full suites...but no Pineapples....accidental omission...or on purpose? :confused:

From the C&A web site: "Pinnacle Members are entitled to exclusive privileges. Access to the Suite Lounge is limited to Pinnacle Club Members and Suite Guests only."

From the C&A web site: "Pinnacle Members are entitled to exclusive privileges. Access to the Suite Lounge is limited to Pinnacle Club Members and Suite Guests only."

Quoted from which section? The actual ads for Mariner refurb did not show that when I checked.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do/suite-lounge

Quoted from which section? The actual ads for Mariner refurb did not show that when I checked.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/things-to-do/suite-lounge

If you look up the section about the ships on the website and look at the Liberty is shows the same statement as the Mariner. It also does not mention Pinnacles but they are allowed in.

Yes also got the free air home from Barcelona saving us the cost of the flight home from Miami.

I expect that there will be some wear and tear but I am not too concerned. I assume there will be a lot seasoned cruises that will flood Bayley's email box if there are any serious problems.

I feel like they’re paying us to go, with all the compensation we got!

Won’t be long now!

Helaine

I feel like they’re paying us to go, with all the compensation we got!

Won’t be long now!

Helaine

It is close to that. They are paying more for our flight home than we are paying for the cruise. On the other hand we are still paying the service charges and onboard spending that helps cover their expenses. I am sure they got a much better deal doing the drydock in Spain rather than the Bahamas. Otherwise it would not have made sense to make the change.

If you look up the section about the ships on the website and look at the Liberty is shows the same statement as the Mariner. It also does not mention Pinnacles but they are allowed in.

Ahhh...so true. RCI once again with the misinformation on their website. ;)