Cannes(Nice/Monte Carlo) on Disney

chubby_faye

We are on the Disney Wonder in June and have not booked an excursion for this port. Are there plenty to see in the port? Or are there tour groups in the port we can hire? We will be coming off 3 long days of excursions and we want something laid back. Our daughters are 8 and 10. Thanks for any suggestions.

There are some nice beaches in Juan-les-Pins and Antibes which are near Cannes that your daughters might enjoy. You could catch either a city bus or train to those towns. With 4 people travelling, a taxi might be your best bet.

There is also a public beach in Cannes (at the eastern end). Most beaches in Cannes, unfortunately, are private and operated by the large hotels.

https://cruiseports.ca/france/cannes.html

Regarding Cannes, you first need to consider that it is a tender port which means it can take some time to get ashore. If you want to book a private tour, do it online before you leave home since you will not likely find tour providers just sitting around the tender pier looking for customers. In fact, in Cannes you might not even find a taxi sitting around near the tender pier (this happened to us on two occasions).

There are also lots of DIY options in this part of France. Cannes is a very walkable city and also has a small "Petit Train" you can take if you want a ride around the town. And Cannes is on the train line that spans the entire coast (all the way to Menton) so you could use the train to go to places like Antibes, Nice, or even Monte Carlo. And finally there is also the option of renting a car and driving yourself to wherever you please.

Hank

In the morning we walked to the right, along the promenade to the Cannes Film Festival building, which is interesting as one hears so much about that every year. It was also interesting for the film stars hand or footprints just outside. We also saw a great mural on a wall along there. The land train goes from this promenade too. In the afternoon we went left to the beach just near the tender landing place. The tender ride ashore is enjoyable too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You do not need to book a tour - but you will need to book a tender off the ship. With youngish girls I would (and did some years ago) spend my day in Cannes

Walking to the film festival building and seeing the hand prints

Walking up to the large public market and browsing. We thought the prices for fruit and veg were a bit high, but then it is Cannes.

Finding Paul bakery and getting your girls to ask for a croissant or another tart in French - or at least saying 'bonjour' and 'merci'.

Walking along La Croisette looking out for cool cars and admiring the buildings you have seen in pictures.

Bathing - I am sure you can do this for free in a beach behind the film festival building, if not at the very end on the clubs along La Croisette - or pay at a beach clubs (various prices) along La Croisette

Cannes is one of my favourite stops. I have been on trips by train, but there is lots to enjoy in Cannes itself.

Since folks are talking about walking in Cannes, one can also just keep walking all the way to the train station and hop on a train to places like Antibes, Nice or even Monte Carlo. All very doable on one's own.

Hank

Since folks are talking about walking in Cannes, one can also just keep walking all the way to the train station and hop on a train to places like Antibes, Nice or even Monte Carlo. All very doable on one's own.

Hank

Agreed - it is all really easy to DIY from Cannes by train (although you can get to Antibes by bus or train).