Dirty tables at Windjammer on Oasis

Coloboque

This is going to rock the OP’s world. From working in restaurants through college I learned that wiping tables with strong solutions will produce this affect on varnish. It eats into the top layer and causes a sticky affect. I’d put money on that being the case here. Those tables in the WJ are probably wiped 100s of times per day, that will do some damage over eight years. Should they be finished or replaced? Yes. Do I think it’s a biohazard, no.

I guarantee if we used an alcohol wipe on her table in her house it would show dirt. What a fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And it was right on the edge where EVERYONE puts their elbows and forearms. Let's add this up. Nah never mind I'll guess. 579000 elbows have been on the edge of that table.

I was on this same cruise. Am I going to die? Just kidding. I did not notice any "gross" tables. The wait staff in the WJ were hustling to keep the dishes removed and tables cleaned. With the amount of people going through there, they were doing an admirable job.

Fun Fact... The average person eats 6 pounds of dirt in their lifetime!

(don't know if this is true or not but just felt like sharing it... from "Health Care Daily Online)

...and we all know... if something is posted online then it has to be true!!!

And when the food handlers wear one set of protective gloves for hours while they touch food, scratch their nose, check their cellphone, scratch their @ss, touch some more food, clean off a table, etc etc etc.

Exactly!

We noticed during a steakhouse tour on Another Cruise Line that the cooks were not using gloves at all. The steakhouse chef explained that using disposable gloves tends to make kitchen workers more complacent, and you get more cross-contamination scenarios exactly as you described.

Instead, there was a wash-sink with soap and water right there by the employees, and they wash their hands frequently, and after they've touched a potentially contaminated surface, etc.

Fun Fact... The average person eats 6 pounds of dirt in their lifetime!

(don't know if this is true or not but just felt like sharing it... from "Health Care Daily Online)

...and we all know... if something is posted online then it has to be true!!!

Majority of it before the age of 2...