Carnival gift cards

scubaman

One comment that could use verification....but the past couple times that I tried to make payments online for my cruise with gift cards it doesnt work. They need to be called in. Does everyone else find this to be true?

One comment that could use verification....but the past couple times that I tried to make payments online for my cruise with gift cards it doesnt work. They need to be called in. Does everyone else find this to be true?

That was not the case a month ago when I made final payment on our cruise. I paid our entire cruise with $100 gift cards online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never once called Carnival. All of my booking and payments are done online. I always pay for my cruises and everything else with gift cards as well. So to answer your question, no, they do not need to be called in. You can pay with gift cards online.

I've never had to call...and I've paid off many cruises using the gift cards. Having said that, there is a limit to how many gift cards you can use per transaction. If I remember correctly, only 8 cards can be used for any one transaction, however, you can pay off your cruise using multiple transactions.

For example, on a $1000 cruise balance, apply eight $100 cards to your cruise balance and complete that transaction (leaving a $200 cruise balance). Once that transaction is complete and submitted to Carnival, start a NEW transaction using two additional $100 gift cards to complete paying off your cruise.

Hope this all makes sense...

Garnett